Celebrity Eclipse--Am I going to wish I sailed RC

Kathleen

We have always sailed RC and are looking at sailing Celebrity in Alaska in 2023. We sailed Alaska on Ovation in 2019 and loved it. With the new Celebrity sailing, we would only repeat one stop, Juneau and we would get to sail to Hubbard Glacier which is a plus. We are looking at Sailing in a sky suite on Celebrity which appears comparable to a Junior Suite on Ovation but with complete suite benefits not normally available to a Junior Suite on Royal. Price wise when you add in all the extras the price on Celebrity is the same or a little less than on Ovation or Quantum and a little more than on Radiance. We are afraid to pull the trigger and just need some reassurances that Celebrity has great things to offer also. For all of you that have sailed both, please give me your opinions.

13 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

We have always sailed RC and are looking at sailing Celebrity in Alaska in 2023. We sailed Alaska on Ovation in 2019 and loved it. With the new Celebrity sailing, we would only repeat one stop, Juneau and we would get to sail to Hubbard Glacier which is a plus. We are looking at Sailing in a sky suite on Celebrity which appears comparable to a Junior Suite on Ovation but with complete suite benefits not normally available to a Junior Suite on Royal. Price wise when you add in all the extras the price on Celebrity is the same or a little less than on Ovation or Quantum and a little more than on Radiance. We are afraid to pull the trigger and just need some reassurances that Celebrity has great things to offer also. For all of you that have sailed both, please give me your opinions.

Hello, i have only always cruised om Royal, but my parents have done both, and they always say celebrity is more directed to an older age group... Retired. 

They do enjoy Royal a lot more, but this is just there personal opinion. 

Kathleen,

We sailed on the Celebrity Millenium last September from Seattle to Alaska, it was our first Celebrity cruise whereas we are regular Diamond Plus members with Royal Caribbean. 

In a nutshell, don't be worried about Celebrity.  We also stayed in a Sky Suite and found it just fine.  You are correct, it is about the same size as a Jr. Suite on RC.  The layout of the room is nice and comfortable.  

The suite benefits in Celebrity are great.  The suite restaurant, Luminae is very nice with great food.  You also have access to the suite concierge VIP lounge which has a bar (with bartender) along with snacks to eat-very comfortable. 

Both RC or Celebrity will be fine to cruise Alaska with.  There will be a mix of all ages on the Celebrity ship but it will lean towards an older crowd but definitely not "stuffy" crowd.   

I guess the best thing I would say about our Celebrity experience is that my wife and I both said upon disembarking, 2 things-"that was a excellent worthwhile cruise" and also "we wished we were going back-to-back" as we didn't want to leave.

We are sailing Royal Caribbean again this year in both the Caribbean and Europe but have already booked our next Alaska trip on the Celebrity Eclipse.

Whatever you decide, you won't go wrong with your choice.

23 hours ago, Natalfaz said:

Hello, i have only always cruised om Royal, but my parents have done both, and they always say celebrity is more directed to an older age group... Retired. 

They do enjoy Royal a lot more, but this is just there personal opinion. 

"Directed" toward older age group - yep no toys on Celebrity - true.  They're actually trying to cater to a much younger crowd on the Edge class - though not kids or teens - looking to hook and keep millennials.  Celebrity is more focused on improvements to cuisine. spa, and entertainment for those not looking for on-board water parks  - definitely expanding and heavily marketing their suite experience.   Options to be a little more inclusive with "perks" on Celebrity.  RCL a more a la carte model.   We sail Celebrity most of the time, but if we're with kids - its Royal.

On 1/25/2022 at 5:52 PM, PandK said:

Kathleen,

We sailed on the Celebrity Millenium last September from Seattle to Alaska, it was our first Celebrity cruise whereas we are regular Diamond Plus members with Royal Caribbean. 

In a nutshell, don't be worried about Celebrity.  We also stayed in a Sky Suite and found it just fine.  You are correct, it is about the same size as a Jr. Suite on RC.  The layout of the room is nice and comfortable.  

The suite benefits in Celebrity are great.  The suite restaurant, Luminae is very nice with great food.  You also have access to the suite concierge VIP lounge which has a bar (with bartender) along with snacks to eat-very comfortable. 

Both RC or Celebrity will be fine to cruise Alaska with.  There will be a mix of all ages on the Celebrity ship but it will lean towards an older crowd but definitely not "stuffy" crowd.   

I guess the best thing I would say about our Celebrity experience is that my wife and I both said upon disembarking, 2 things-"that was a excellent worthwhile cruise" and also "we wished we were going back-to-back" as we didn't want to leave.

We are sailing Royal Caribbean again this year in both the Caribbean and Europe but have already booked our next Alaska trip on the Celebrity Eclipse.

Whatever you decide, you won't go wrong with your choice.

Do you know the loyalty level equivalent of Royal Carribean Diamond on Celebrity. While I understand our points don’t transfer from one line to another, our loyalty level does. 

My first Alaska cruise was on the Millennium because like you, the Sky Suite rate was comparable to Radiance in a JS that had none of the perks that Sky Suites get.  Itineraries were identical.  

This was before the revitalization program but here is my trip report:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5211-alaska-recap-celebrity-millennium-june-2017/#comment-51820

No regrets   Great experience and in the end missing out on Crown & Anchor points didn’t impact me