Coco Cay in Cold Weather?

1 hour ago, David305 said:

Heading to Coco Cay in a few days and the temps are forecast for 60 degrees with 14 MPH winds on our day there.  Would you recommend Coco Cay Beach Club on cold weather day, or would that be a waste of money?

‘The water will be freezing 🥶 in the pool ……. It’s not heated 

I bought the Beach Club day pass for my November sailing.  Price was cheap enough at $72 and I had never been to Coco Cay so decided to check it out.  I was truly not impressed and would have been pretty upset had I paid anywhere near what the price has been lately!  My upcoming cruise will be spent relaxing at one of the other beaches…eating at included dining venues…and just enjoying the day for no fee!  😊

17 minutes ago, teddy said:

I guess we can look at the weather app on our phones to remind us how cold it is at home compared to Cococay. 

You're lucky you're on a cruise this weekend😃

According to the Boston weather guys NE is going to be getting a Nor'easter come Saturday AM. Up to a foot of snow just inland and with possible mix along the coast, depending on how it tracks. We're scheduled to be at PD on Feb 4 with a BC pass. We'll have all of next week to decide if we want to cancel. 

6 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

You're lucky you're on a cruise this weekend😃

According to the Boston weather guys NE is going to be getting a Nor'easter come Saturday AM. Up to a foot of snow just inland and with possible mix along the coast, depending on how it tracks. We're scheduled to be at PD on Feb 4 with a BC pass. We'll have all of next week to decide if we want to cancel. 

Yea. I’m very glad we changed our flight down to Friday.   We live just west of Portland. It could be pretty messy on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I bought the Beach Club day pass for my November sailing.  Price was cheap enough at $72 and I had never been to Coco Cay so decided to check it out.  I was truly not impressed and would have been pretty upset had I paid anywhere near what the price has been lately!  My upcoming cruise will be spent relaxing at one of the other beaches…eating at included dining venues…and just enjoying the day for no fee!  😊

I agree.  I did it on my September sailing because it was dirt cheap and I was a solo traveling without my family. I figured it was a perfect time to check it out.  It really was not my thing.  Could be because I was a solo? I did meet up with 2 people I befriended on the cruise.  I think the mats are nice, but so hard to get on/off-I usually pack my own hammock style pool float but didn't because of the mats.  I felt the lunch was nice, the experience was ok.  I definitely don't have the type of money that would allow me to take my whole family at regular price.

We got PDCC Waterpark passes for the 4 of us for our Sailing this coming weekend (PDCC 1/30).  I only paid $46/pp for it...I have considered cancelling them but think I'm gonna ride it out and see.  I did cancel our Nassau Catamaran for Saturday morning as the weather.com report states:

Windy with a few showers in the morning then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High around 70F. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 30%. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph. 😳

Well be at Cococay Sunday, it's going to be chilly! 

When we went in January 2020 (Mariner) we weren't able to dock at all due to wind so I'll be happy to step foot on the island and bundle up in a cabana for the day. 

Going back in May and expecting warmer weather then. 

Nothings getting us down for our getaway! I hope everyone else sailing in winter has better weather luck 😃

27 minutes ago, Natalfaz said:

Im starting to get a bit worried... I cruised in 2018 in dec around de caribean and it wasn't cold at all, is February any diferent???? 

"Cold" is relative.  I've been to Coco Cay 4 times now (December, Jan, Feb), and it's never been warm enough for me to swim in either the pool or the ocean, and always super windy.  But it didn't bother others.

It’s 10 degrees in New Hampshire right now, getting down to -2 tonight.  My kids (and I to be honest) wear sweatshirts outside.  60 degrees would be shorts weather for me right now and they would be in the water park.  I bet you’ll be able to guess who’s from up north. 

49 minutes ago, Jkaczano said:

It’s 10 degrees in New Hampshire right now, getting down to -2 tonight.  My kids (and I to be honest) wear sweatshirts out.  60 degrees would be shorts weather for me right now and they would be in the water park.  I bet you’ll be able to guess who’s from up north. 

When our kids were little, my wife's company had a condo just west of Pensacola that employees could use on the cheap.  The locals always got a kick out of us swimming in the Gulf when we'd be there in January or February.

@PRebecca@AshleyDillo

I do feel for you two 😞  We couldn’t dock back in October due to a cold front that gave us high seas/wind. 

Sunday you may not even be docking due to winds. 

I’d stay up late Saturday, sleep in on Sunday and order room service! 

Still better than being home! 

Oh wait! You’re Sunday not Saturday! Saturday peeps will not have a perfect day 😞

D117CD97-9EEE-430C-A81E-6F53BEA9DF4C.png

2 hours ago, Jill said:

I’d stay up late Saturday, sleep in on Sunday and order room service! 

Still better than being home! 

Oh wait! You’re Sunday not Saturday!

Yeah..I will probably mosey on out and grab a chicken sandwich. Definitely not planning on going in the water at all this time around.

Thank you for the discussion and great feedback.  I decided to cancel my Coco Beach Club Full Day Pass ($189) and have already been refunded.  If we are lucky enough to moor on Sunday (Independence), then I'll just walk around the island and enjoy the great food and entertainment available on PDCC.  Will try the Beach Club next time when the weather is (hopefully) more cooperative.  Happy sailing everyone!