Drink Package Waiver With Pregnancy Question

Tplanav1

We are sailing On Independence for a B2B at the end of February and my wife will be 20 weeks pregnant. I have been debating on skipping the drink package even though we always normally get it since she’s pregnant and it will be our first sailing with our 2 year old. I know that people have been successful calling and getting a waiver for the drink package due to one of the two occupants having a reason to do not drink alcohol, but they typically require purchasing the refreshment package for the other guest. My wife really doesn’t consume sugary drinks or soda, especially while pregnant, so I was curious if anyone has had success in purchasing the deluxe beverage package for just 1 person once onboard. With our toddler being with us I don’t think I can drink enough and still function to cover the cost of both the the deluxe package and the added cost of the refreshment package. With current cruise planner pricing, I would think the single package onboard would be more cost effective than calling/jumping through the hoops ahead of being onboard. 

We have sailed both with and without the drink package, I tend to avoid drinking if I don’t have it because I think about the cost. Between the two sailings we have a total of 2 stops in cococay, 2 sea days, and a stop in Nassau we will treat like a sea day…I can see myself grabbing a drink more regularly even with entertaining our little guy.

19 minutes ago, Tplanav1 said:

We are sailing On Independence for a B2B at the end of February and my wife will be 20 weeks pregnant. I have been debating on skipping the drink package even though we always normally get it since she’s pregnant and it will be our first sailing with our 2 year old. I know that people have been successful calling and getting a waiver for the drink package due to one of the two occupants having a reason to do not drink alcohol, but they typically require purchasing the refreshment package for the other guest. My wife really doesn’t consume sugary drinks or soda, especially while pregnant, so I was curious if anyone has had success in purchasing the deluxe beverage package for just 1 person once onboard. With our toddler being with us I don’t think I can drink enough and still function to cover the cost of both the the deluxe package and the added cost of the refreshment package. With current cruise planner pricing, I would think the single package onboard would be more cost effective than calling/jumping through the hoops ahead of being onboard. 

We have sailed both with and without the drink package, I tend to avoid drinking if I don’t have it because I think about the cost. Between the two sailings we have a total of 2 stops in cococay, 2 sea days, and a stop in Nassau we will treat like a sea day…I can see myself grabbing a drink more regularly even with entertaining our little guy.

If you’re going to have to drink the cost of both the DBP ($80 - $88/day on board) and the refreshment package ($30 - $40/day on board) on your own every day …… it sound to me like you’d be better off just paying for each drink you have as you go.

From my understanding you can get a waiver on the drink package but only by calling in to set it up. I mean say you have someone with an alcohol allergy or someone who is a recovering alcoholic in your cabin. It's hard to force both people to buy a drink package. This is supposed to be on a case by case basis and I'm not sure of the stipulations but a phone call doesn't cost much other than some time. 

Can't remember where I read about it and it's been a while but there should be a way to not force everyone to have something if one basically can't use it.