Secret Menu Items

The only experience that I have had like this was years ago during the infamous "world wide escargot shortage".  Escargot had disappeared from the menu but since my husband LOVES escargot and expressed his disappointment that escargot was not on the menu, the server brought it to him anyway.  Bad part of this story ? ....the server brought them EVERY night for the rest of the cruise which was a little too much for Dan, even with his love for the little critters.  Morale of the story ?  Be careful what you wish for !

I have heard others tell stories about getting special dishes (Matt talks about getting Indian dishes that aren't on the menu) but the escargot is the only personal example that I have !

We took my daughter on her first cruise when she was about 3 years old.  The waiter asked her what she wanted on the first night.  she said "strawberries" which were not on the menu.  He came back with strawberries and did so every time she asked for them.  She's now in college and rarely eats them, but she sure loved them then.

The only experience that I have had like this was years ago during the infamous "world wide escargot shortage".  Escargot had disappeared from the menu but since my husband LOVES escargot and expressed his disappointment that escargot was not on the menu, the server brought it to him anyway.  Bad part of this story ? ....the server brought them EVERY night for the rest of the cruise which was a little too much for Dan, even with his love for the little critters.  Morale of the story ?  Be careful what you wish for !

I have heard others tell stories about getting special dishes (Matt talks about getting Indian dishes that aren't on the menu) but the escargot is the only personal example that I have !

Man I love snails too,  so many exotic things  you can ask for that I like but need to remember if they aren't on the menu.

We took my daughter on her first cruise when she was about 3 years old.  The waiter asked her what she wanted on the first night.  she said "strawberries" which were not on the menu.  He came back with strawberries and did so every time she asked for them.  She's now in college and rarely eats them, but she sure loved them then.

You r experience sounds like ours. Our daughter was 3 for her first cruise (also now in college) and when the waiter found out she liked the shrimp cocktail the first night, he had it sitting at her place every night before we got to the table so she could start eating. They also gave her an aluminum foil packet filled with half a dozen cookies...still warm... every night when we left the dining room. She still remebers that experience.

My favorite dessert is Creme' Brulee, I don't care what flavor, as long as it doesn't have coconut and I might eat it anyways. Most cruise lines have Creme' Brulee on the steak house menu. You usually can't get it in the dining room. I just came off of a 14 day Panama Canal and 7 day Mexican Riviera and when I went to the steak house they had Raspberry Creme' Brulee. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I told the manager I loved it and it wasn't served in the regular dining room. Every single night there would be a card on my desk that said a Raspberry Creme' Brulee was in my refrigerator, compliments of the steak house manager. That was a total of 21 of them. I now weigh about 20 pounds more.