Recommendations for Athens & Venice Hotels

baltodave

We are taking Rhapsody in July that starts in Athens and ends in Venice.  We are spending 2 nights in Athens prior to the cruise and 1 night in Venice after the cruise.  Any recommendations for hotels?  Our only requirement is that we need 2 full-size or queen-sized  beds since my adult step-daughter is going with us. 

Thanks!

It can be tricky to find rooms with two beds in Venice. When we are there with our adult daughter, we’ve had an easier time with a king and a twin in the same room. Three we like, at various price points, and spread around the city (but all well located) are Hotel American Dinesen-Venezia, Hotel Abbazia, and Baglioni Hotel Luna.

That last is a splurge but was awesome. In that one, they put dd on the most luxurious roll away ever, in the separate sitting room. Abbazia has a gorgeous little courtyard in which to enjoy a glass of wine.  Hotel American included breakfast and had the sweetest staff. All comfortable, large rooms. 

Athens I recommend The Royal Olympic Hotel.  It’s close to everything in Athens. It has one of the best rooftop restaurant and bar in Athens. Stunning views of the Acropolis.

Venice, I would stay at Hotel Palazzo Vitturi  it’s right in the center of Venice  

Those are wonderful city’s.  Have a great time!

If you would like a boutique hotel in Venice, we enjoyed the Palazzo Odoni in the historic town centre. They serve a delicious breakfast, great location, and reasonable rates. We walked everywhere from here, it was such a wonderful home base.

palazzoodoni.com

Both Athens and Venice are amazing, enjoy your travels!

6 hours ago, baltodave said:

We are taking Rhapsody in July that starts in Athens and ends in Venice.  We are spending 2 nights in Athens prior to the cruise and 1 night in Venice after the cruise.  Any recommendations for hotels?  Our only requirement is that we need 2 full-size or queen-sized  beds since my adult step-daughter is going with us. 

Thanks!

Aren't the Venice cruises going out of Ravenna?  That is 2 1/2 hours from Venice.  So consider your travel time.  I am going on a cruise round trip out of Venice/Ravenna in September, so am also interested in hotel recommendations.  I have a couple in mind, but still open to suggestions.  We plan to stay 3 nights before our cruise. Thanks

15 hours ago, Linda R said:

Aren't the Venice cruises going out of Ravenna?  That is 2 1/2 hours from Venice.  So consider your travel time.

Yes, Ravenna it is.  I booked flights for our May Greek Isles cruise before realizing how far Ravenna is from Venice.  Our return flight leaves the day after we arrive in Ravenna and I'm worried we won't have enough time to get to Venice and see the highlights in one afternoon/evening.