Photo package

Nate Y

I'm looking at photo packages online for my cruise next week through the Bahamas.  They're offering five photos for $68 as the lowest package.  I normally wouldn't bother but we're doing both the swimming pigs and dolphin encounter and descriptions for both make it sound like they're strict about not allowing photos.  Is this as fair a deal as I'm going to get?  Will it include photos from the animal encounters?

9 minutes ago, Nate Y said:

I'm looking at photo packages online for my cruise next week through the Bahamas.  They're offering five photos for $68 as the lowest package.  I normally wouldn't bother but we're doing both the swimming pigs and dolphin encounter and descriptions for both make it sound like they're strict about not allowing photos.  Is this as fair a deal as I'm going to get?  Will it include photos from the animal encounters?

The packages will only include photos taken on the ship, or just outside of the ship.  At Coco Cay, they do have some photographers walking around - if you are doing the swimming with the pigs there, you may ask one of them to be sure to get some shots.

11 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

The packages will only include photos taken on the ship, or just outside of the ship.  At Coco Cay, they do have some photographers walking around - if you are doing the swimming with the pigs there, you may ask one of them to be sure to get some shots.

So the photos at the Nassau dolphin encounter booked through RC won't be available in the package?  The description says 'Memories of your once in a lifetime experience will be captured by professional photo and video personnel.'  That's its own thing even if it through RC?

5 minutes ago, Nate Y said:

So the photos at the Nassau dolphin encounter booked through RC won't be available in the package?  The description says 'Memories of your once in a lifetime experience will be captured by professional photo and video personnel.'  That's its own thing even if it through RC?

I'm sure it will be available at an extra cost.  RCI contracts out shore excursions so the photos will be sold directly be the tour operator - not part of the photo packages offered on the ship or through the cruise planner.

6 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I'm sure it will be available at an extra cost.  RCI contracts out shore excursions so the photos will be sold directly be the tour operator - not part of the photo packages offered on the ship or through the cruise planner.

That's annoying.  ty for the info!

21 minutes ago, cdixon22 said:

Watch cruise planner because photo packages go on sale. Last cruise, photos onboard were $19.99 each with a buy one get one 50% off.  So at 5 for $68 you are a little ahead.  

If you take the web site at face value, all the photo packages are on sale. 🙄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...