Cape Canaveral?

rjac

On 1/25/2022 at 7:13 AM, Heather K. said:

I was wondering about this as well. I will be on the Oasis in July and it says we will arrive in Cape Canaveral until 1pm. Kennedy Space Center is only open until 5pm. Is this enough time? If not, what other recommendations are there if we chose to get off the ship?

Thank you...first time poster! 😊

I am also on this sailing this summer and I called KSC to verify all of this. She said that they close at 5pm, no matter what (meaning they aren't open any later to cruise ship guests, even though the excursion says it's 8 hours...). She said by the time you get off the ship at 1:30/1:45 and get over to KSC by 2:00/2:15, you really have less than three hours to see everything. The two IMAX movies alone are around 40 minutes each, let alone everything else.

We were going to do the guided tour, but after hearing that, I think we'll just wait until we can devote a day or two to seeing everything. I'm interested to hear if there's anything else to do within such a limited timeframe. We might just end up staying on the ship.

I wouldn't do Kennedy with such a limited amount of time!  New to cruising, but we've vacationed at Cocoa Beach/Canaveral area for several years.  In 2020, we got discounted tickets to Kennedy with a 2021 return ticket while they were only partially open.  We spent the whole day, open to close, there in 2020 despite the limited offerings and returned last year and spent open to close again seeing what we'd missed the time before (mainly the bus tour to the Apollo building).  It's definitely an awesome place to visit when you have time - the reveal of the Atlantis (from watching a video to seeing it in person) gave me goosebumps!  This "reveal" wasn't operational in 2020 b/c it's like a pre-show in a closed space, so I didn't know to expect it last year and it blew me away! 

We were wondering about this as an excursion as well, either doing Oasis or Anthem out of NJ and with only a partial day at Port Canaveral wasn’t sure if we would have enough time.  How much time do you really need to see the majority of Kennedy Space Center?  I know some of the ships get to port at noon, would half day be enough?

21 hours ago, Geoff P said:

We were wondering about this as an excursion as well, either doing Oasis or Anthem out of NJ and with only a partial day at Port Canaveral wasn’t sure if we would have enough time.  How much time do you really need to see the majority of Kennedy Space Center?  I know some of the ships get to port at noon, would half day be enough?

I personally wouldn't go with that short of time