RoyalUp Timing?

On 1/26/2022 at 12:35 AM, Bazza said:

Hi @VoidoftheSeas

Sailing on Grandeur 20 Feb (is that what you are on?). Booked it over a year ago when first released -  no idea if makes a difference to RoyalUp emails??! Booked ocean view cabin, amazing deal at the time and was allocated cabin on deck 2.

Paid my balance a couple of weeks early - again no idea if makes a difference - and had RoyalUp email 6 Jan. 

Made a bid £5 ($7) over minimum (which was discounted by I think 25% at the time too) to upgrade to balcony. Went back to check a couple of days later and it said not eligible for upgrades, checked again over the next week or so and same message so assumed that was that.

Last Friday get an email to say FABULOUS NEWS! Upgrade approved to balcony on deck 7 - this for just £175pp ($235) which for 14 nights I think is pretty good value 🙂   

Good luck with yours. 

Sailing on Odyssey, actually, but that's awesome. Congrats on the upgrade! 

All of my requests are still showing pending, but who knows what will happen, I guess. 

On 1/26/2022 at 1:10 PM, Swar said:

I have gotten every Royal Up bid so far with just over a minimum bid - usually interior to spacious balcony. I have been notified anywhere from a week out to @2 months out. My sailing upgrade for 2/22 just showed up today. My 2/28 upgrade showed up weeks ago. 

I wonder if you get a Royal Up upgrade a few weeks before sailing as in Swar’s case above, will Royal Up invite you again to submit new bids for higher cabin categories? 

I put in my bid early in Jan. It went pending, with all other bids expired, before I started my first cruise Jan 10th. I was on Harmony, I belive it was the 20/21 when I was charged. The cruise started the 24th. In all honesty I hate this location. I am at the very front and have felt motion sickness every time I am in my room. This is for the first time in I don't know how long, maybe ever. So if location/picking your room is important,  don't upgrade.

On 1/24/2022 at 10:34 AM, VoidoftheSeas said:

With final payment dates shifting all over the place, and RoyalUp not being available on every sailing, I'm wondering when people have been seeing RoyalUp emails coming across for recent cruises. 

I have a cruise scheduled for 2/20 (final payment date was this past weekend), and I'm wondering when I can expect to see a RoyalUp email come across, if it's going to. 

What's everyone's recent experience been? How soon after final payment date/before your sailing have you seen RoyalUp offers?

I am on Feb 27th cruise and rec'd Royal Up offer about 1 month ago.  

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, DENISE Renee said:

My shipmsails in 3 days mu royal up offer stills says pending, and does not allow me to make a better offer.  What do you think

It’s so hard to say.  I think anything would just be a WAG.  

Conventional wisdom says when your bid says “pending” and you can’t modify it, then the bid is successful….but…. Being so close to your sail date makes me skeptical that it’s successful. 

All of our successful bids have been accepted at least a week out. 

Since this thread is active again…..

I haven’t seen a lot of recent Royal Up info, so here’s our latest. 

We did not receive an email.  I checked myself and was given options to bid on a Spacious Oceanview Balcony, Junior Suite, both one and two bedroom Grand Suites, Owners Suite, and Royal Suite.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Sail date: August 28 on Liberty. 
Current cabin: Oceanview Balcony. 
Bid for: Grand Suite-One Bedroom

Our bid of $250 pp barely moved the needle.  It’s solidly in the “Weak” zone  

I doubt our weak bid will be accepted, and that’s okay because we’re content with the cabin we currently have.  In addition, suites are currently “sold out” online. 

13 hours ago, teddy said:

Since this thread is active again…..

I haven’t seen a lot of recent Royal Up info, so here’s our latest. 

We did not receive an email.  I checked myself and was given options to bid on a Spacious Oceanview Balcony, Junior Suite, both one and two bedroom Grand Suites, Owners Suite, and Royal Suite.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Sail date: August 28 on Liberty. 
Current cabin: Oceanview Balcony. 
Bid for: Grand Suite-One Bedroom

Our bid of $250 pp barely moved the needle.  It’s solidly in the “Weak” zone  

I doubt our weak bid will be accepted, and that’s okay because we’re content with the cabin we currently have.  In addition, suites are currently “sold out” online. 

You're lucky that the bids are low on your sailing. I am will be on Oasis OTS Aug 21st in a neighborhood balcony, and the minimum bid for a Grand 1 bedroom suite is $650 pp!

22 hours ago, DENISE Renee said:

My shipmsails in 3 days mu royal up offer stills says pending, and does not allow me to make a better offer.  What do you think

For our cruise at the end of April, our bud was accepted 2 days prior to our sailing. The bid was pending without me being able to alter it for about an hour and a half before I got the email it had been accepted. I hope this helps.

From reading accounts and personal experience, everything to do with RoyalUp varies greatly, from winning bid amounts to the timing of "wins" being assigned. Trying to figure lout exactly how the algorithms work is an exercise in futility IMO.

FWIW, I have a B2B in 9 days. I won a RoyalUp 14 days out from the 1st half but have 2 pending for the 2nd half (now 12 days out).

GL to all who are waiting and hoping. 🤞

2 hours ago, Jersey Judie said:

You're lucky that the bids are low on your sailing. I am will be on Oasis OTS Aug 21st in a neighborhood balcony, and the minimum bid for a Grand 1 bedroom suite is $650 pp!

Definitely.  

The lowest allowed bid is $195.  I was surprised. 

We’re certainly not expecting to get upgraded for $500, but that’s what we can comfortably spend, so we figured why not submit a bid. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have a (hopefully) quick question or two...

1. If you win your bid but don't find out until you are already traveling, do you need to do anything about your bag tags?  I assume I will at least need to get new ones from the porters, but who knows.

2.  If you win your bid, but don't check your email, or even receive the email after boarding, what happens with your luggage?  Will Royal figure it out?  Should we do something?
3. Since your bid is probably accepted after you complete check in, will that mess up your arrival time?  

4. If the set sail pass is already printed will that need to be redone? If so what if you don’t have access to a printer?

Sorry, it was four questions 🙂 

Thanks!