RoyalUp Timing?

With final payment dates shifting all over the place, and RoyalUp not being available on every sailing, I'm wondering when people have been seeing RoyalUp emails coming across for recent cruises. 

I have a cruise scheduled for 2/20 (final payment date was this past weekend), and I'm wondering when I can expect to see a RoyalUp email come across, if it's going to. 

What's everyone's recent experience been? How soon after final payment date/before your sailing have you seen RoyalUp offers?

6 minutes ago, VoidoftheSeas said:

With final payment dates shifting all over the place, and RoyalUp not being available on every sailing, I'm wondering when people have been seeing RoyalUp emails coming across for recent cruises. 

I have a cruise scheduled for 2/20 (final payment date was this past weekend), and I'm wondering when I can expect to see a RoyalUp email come across, if it's going to. 

What's everyone's recent experience been? How soon after final payment date/before your sailing have you seen RoyalUp offers?

Im boarding 5th of feb and got email last week. 

2 hours ago, Jbyers said:

We just returned from an 8 night on Odyssey and got our Royal up about 3 days prior to our sailing date (1/15/22) so I would keep hope alive!

Cool. I was looking more for the email letting me know that upgrades are available for the sailing. I'm prepared to wait all the way up to the last second to see if my bids are accepted! 

I now have this page bookmarked: 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

And that'll be my go-to for RoyalUps in the future without waiting for RCCL to send me an email!

Here’s our latest:

Sailing date: Jan 30, 2022

Royal Up email received: Dec 23, 2021

Successful bid email received: Jan 15, 2022

Edited to add:

We originally booked a Neighborhood Balcony Guarantee and were assigned a cabin prior to receiving the Royal Up offer email.  Our successful bid was for an Ocean View Balcony...minimum bid was $40 pp and we bid $60 pp.

3 hours ago, VoidoftheSeas said:

Cool. I was looking more for the email letting me know that upgrades are available for the sailing. I'm prepared to wait all the way up to the last second to see if my bids are accepted! 

I now have this page bookmarked: 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

And that'll be my go-to for RoyalUps in the future without waiting for RCCL to send me an email!

Interesting that I have not yet done a bid for Feb 20 and when I log into the bidding site it has a "special offer, reduced bidding" that is valid until Feb 11.  I wonder if that means  they won't be giving out notice until after that.  (Anthem of the Seas)  On my August cruise on Adventure we received our notifications of acceptance a few days before sailing.

90 days out today and received an email. We are booked in a GS and when I look online, I see there is only one of those left, while there are many open cabins in higher classes. I suppose they are trying to shift that ratio. But minimum bids would add almost as much to our total as just changing to a better suite, while depriving me of location choice. Not sure what we will do. 

11 minutes ago, fa-li said:

But minimum bids would add almost as much to our total as just changing to a better suite, while depriving me of location choice. Not sure what we will do. 

My wife and I enjoy the anticipation of both GTY cabins and Royal Ups, but that is because we're cheap thrifty, and on most cruises we genuinely do not care where our cabins are.  However, we booked our first aft balcony for our 2023 Europe sailing, and there is no way we will risk that by bidding on a Royal Up.

I say if you are happy with your current cabin and are concerned about getting a bad location, don't buy into the Royal Up hype.

17 hours ago, Jen W said:

Any suggestions on what to bid to have any hope for March Break? I assume they won’t entertain the min bid?

We minimum bid to a Jr Suite from a Balcony in August just for grins not expecting them to take it. We did and although the extra room was nice the extra cost was really hard to justify as we spend hardly spend any time in the room and we went from a very nice location to an obstructed view in the rear. Now we can say "Been There - Done That" although the better half is warning me she WILL be bidding on another Jr Suite for her birthday cruise in May.

We are sailing on Odyssey 2/20/22.  I booked the balcony guarantee reservation 12/9/21 and got the Royal up email on 12/23/21.  I replied same day.  We had the option to bid on large balcony, Jr suite, 1 bedroom suite, and 1 bedroom suite with large balcony. I put in a minimum bid for the large balcony, full bid for Jr suite, and partial bids for 1 bedroom suites.  As of today, all our bids are still listed as "pending".  In November, we sailed on Allure OTS and we never heard back on our Royal up bids ever.  It would be nice if they were more communicative on the bids.  Even if I don't get an upgrade it would at least be nice to know before never lol

Hi @VoidoftheSeas

Sailing on Grandeur 20 Feb (is that what you are on?). Booked it over a year ago when first released -  no idea if makes a difference to RoyalUp emails??! Booked ocean view cabin, amazing deal at the time and was allocated cabin on deck 2.

Paid my balance a couple of weeks early - again no idea if makes a difference - and had RoyalUp email 6 Jan. 

Made a bid £5 ($7) over minimum (which was discounted by I think 25% at the time too) to upgrade to balcony. Went back to check a couple of days later and it said not eligible for upgrades, checked again over the next week or so and same message so assumed that was that.

Last Friday get an email to say FABULOUS NEWS! Upgrade approved to balcony on deck 7 - this for just £175pp ($235) which for 14 nights I think is pretty good value 🙂   

Good luck with yours. 

I didn't get a email, just checked the site as soon as I could check in which was dec 31st.  But I also have a question I hope someone can answer about this.  I leave in less than 20 days for my first cruise and wanted to bid on 2 different cabins.  However,  not knowing if I'll get seasick or not, and yes I have the patches, I booked mine in the middle of the ship.  If I bid and win one, do I pick my canin amd location or do they?  I'd like to stay mid ship if ido win, but that is what scares me about bidding on an upgrade basically.  Thanks anyone for the help

8 minutes ago, D D said:

If I bid and win one, do I pick my canin amd location or do they?

You will be assigned a cabin and can not pick your location. Sometimes if you are assigned early enough you can call to move to another available cabin in the same category, but you don't always find out with enough time to do so and you are limited to what's available. 

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

You will be assigned a cabin and can not pick your location. Sometimes if you are assigned early enough you can call to move to another available cabin in the same category, but you don't always find out with enough time to do so and you are limited to what's available. 

Ugh I was hoping I would be able to still have one mid ship since not sire if I'd get sick.  I already have a balcony room, but would anyone advise on bidding for a higher up cabin or stay with the one I have already?

I sail on Jan 31 on the Anthem and did a bid on Royal Up. It still shows that i can modify/cancel it. I know some have said they see an email anywhere from a week to hours before sailing, but will the Royal Up screen change to give me any indication? Has anyone on this cruise already got an official Royal Up win?

We got our Royal Up email on Jan 3 for our Apr 3rd sailing on the Harmony,.  I would like to bid on a Loft Suite from our Grand Suite but I don't want to chance getting a cabin at the back of the ship and have to make that long walk multiple times a day.

11 minutes ago, MikeK said:

We got our Royal Up email on Jan 3 for our Apr 3rd sailing on the Harmony,.  I would like to bid on a Loft Suite from our Grand Suite but I don't want to chance getting a cabin at the back of the ship and have to make that long walk multiple times a day.

All of the Crown Loft suites are located up on Deck 17, so I'm not sure what you mean by getting a cabin at the back of the ship. If you bid on only the Crown Loft suite, you wouldn't be assigned anything aft on the ship. However there are some CLS rooms that face the sports courts instead of being a full ocean view which some feel aren't ideal because they lack privacy on the balcony.

52 minutes ago, D D said:

Ugh I was hoping I would be able to still have one mid ship since not sire if I'd get sick.  I already have a balcony room, but would anyone advise on bidding for a higher up cabin or stay with the one I have already?

It really depends on which ship and which room you are trying to upgrade from and why you want the room upgrade. Some upgrades really don't make sense, especially if you are sensitive to the location. Others it can be worth it because of the space (e.g. you have 3 or more booked in your room and you're bidding from a balcony to a JS).

34 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

All of the Crown Loft suites are located up on Deck 17, so I'm not sure what you mean by getting a cabin at the back of the ship. If you bid on only the Crown Loft suite, you wouldn't be assigned anything aft on the ship. However there are some CLS rooms that face the sports courts instead of being a full ocean view which some feel aren't ideal because they lack privacy on the balcony.

I was speaking the back of the ship relative to deck 17.   We try to get cabins close to the elevators.  The last time we were in a CLS was near the elevator so looking at the walk from the elevators to the back of deck  17 seemed like it went forever.

47 minutes ago, MikeK said:

I was speaking the back of the ship relative to deck 17.   We try to get cabins close to the elevators.  The last time we were in a CLS was near the elevator so looking at the walk from the elevators to the back of deck  17 seemed like it went forever.

Gotcha! Yeah those facing the sports deck are about as far from the elevators as you can get on 17. If you hate that walk, don't ever get an aquatheater suite! 😆

18 minutes ago, Swar said:

I have gotten every Royal Up bid so far with just over a minimum bid - usually interior to spacious balcony. I have been notified anywhere from a week out to @2 months out. My sailing upgrade for 2/22 just showed up today. My 2/28 upgrade showed up weeks ago. 

When using Royal Up is the charge per person per day? Ex: I bid $50 and I get it. Is it $100 for two or $700 for two for the week?