Health and safety protocols for 2022 sailings departing from Europe

MrHaga

13 minutes ago, MrHaga said:

Hey

Anyone know when we can expect health and safety protocols for 2022 sailings departing from Europe.?

Any hope we can drop using masks on cruises this summer, as many european country`s now are startin lift all/ ease covid restrictions.?

Very difficult to predict here in Spain when we thought new normality was back, Omicron arrived and all mask restrictions came back, but hopefully soon all will drop, but who knows 🙄

• 1 month later...

Here in the states Royal frequently waited until under 30 days to announce the next wave of protocols.  They hope to sail with minimal restrictions so if they announce too soon they have to announce more restrictive protocols which could lead to cancellations.  At the same time protocols for the most part are derived from the respective governments.  That includes the home port government and any countries visited that might differ.  Trying to get all the governments together and arrive at a policy is like herding cats.   

Thanks for your reply.

In my case i hope they do not have stricter Vaccine Requirements than they did 19th Dec. 2021. The goverment in Norway does not clearly recommend 12 Years olds taking the second vaccine dose, so we will not get him to take that just so we can go on a vacation.

Hopefully they will release those protocols soon, since final payment day is comming up.

From Dec. 19th Vaccine Policy update.

bilde.thumb.png.1fc0764f87a3f4ea29f3c69508a3a7ee.png

1 hour ago, MrHaga said:

First sailings from Barcelona in one month from now.

Still no one have seen any health and safety protocols for 2022 sailings departing from Europe.?

Wonder what the vaccine requirements for 12 year old`s will be....

It's likely you are aware but worth mentioning in case you are not, or someone else may not be familiar.  The Health button in the Royal Carribean App should have the protocols.  
I hope the protocols don't change to negatively impact you.  Enjoy your sailing!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey

Protocols for Europe Sailings finally official.....

Since we fly in the day before, We are planning to do the testing at the airport in the morning, like at 9 am.  If we then get a checkin time for the cruise like 11 am the next day, will we have to find a place in Barcelona for taking a new test? How stricly do they enforce this 1 day window rule?

image.thumb.png.7fbf6f03f2a5b1f6d20b93a39a6872d5.png

Days not hours. 
Not sure how time zones play into equation. 
I will be calling closer to my sailing to verify. 
The proctored online test gets a time stamp that show Universal time, which is, or is close to, the actual time in Spain.

I will report back here what I find out next month.