Post-COVID testing - Cape Liberty

Sylvie

I have no idea about local tests near Cape Liberty, but you could order the LAMP tests from Switch Health and use those to cross back over.  You could take the test from the ship the morning of disembarkation (it's fully proctored and you will need internet access to do).  I believe tests are $149 each and you can order direct from Switch Health or through Air Canada's website.

Yeah. No one seems to have been charged yet or else it would have made the news for sure. You would need to display some of the behaviours listed in the attached to be fined. Wondering if you have an isolation plan in place if positive if they would still let you in. F4A38814-2A67-40CA-9691-053888514AD0.thumb.jpeg.55ffb72111af4bb737531f672ec8d8bd.jpeg4DFA34BD-2A54-4879-AD5A-23F1D6EC5347.thumb.jpeg.1838b719272a85f5f53663758de12e81.jpeg4DFA34BD-2A54-4879-AD5A-23F1D6EC5347.thumb.jpeg.1838b719272a85f5f53663758de12e81.jpeg

The worry I have is that if someone in my party tests positive then the "new" rules (I think this was added very recently) is:

Canadians: To avoid being fined $5,000 per traveller (plus surcharges), wait to enter Canada until the 15th day (starting January 15, 2022, 11th day) after your positive test result. If you had symptoms without a positive result, wait until the symptoms have ended and you have a valid negative pre-entry test result.

Yeah, I can see how that would be worrisome. Crossing fingers that they relax a bit of the requirements considering that some may be fully or tripled vaccinated. I think if you have done all that is required why restrict even more. Sigh. I don’t mind an antigen test even (for fully vaccinated individuals) with an isolation plan in view  if you test positive. PCR’s are expensive and take up a lot of resources that could be used elsewhere right now. IMO. 

34 minutes ago, Sylvie said:

Driving back. Only PCR tests are or Lamp tests. Doing it on the boat the last day with the Lamp kit seems to be the best option. 

Or you can go to SwitchHealth or Air Canada site for a home testing kit that you can take with you and use before driving back to Canada. They have PCR testing at some ports but appointments may be limited.