Binax home test

Question on the self administered tests purchased from optum.  There’s not much instructions and it’s says to not open the box until your ready to test.  Does anyone know if you have to have an emed appointment set up or do you just logon whenever your ready to take it?  Also any idea on the hours that someone is available to proctor? We are driving to our cruise and want to leave early Friday morning (like 5 am) to get to Florida from Pennsylvania for our Sunday cruise, and would like to take the test prior to leaving that morning but can’t figure out if that will be possible.

thanks for any help!

You do not need an appt. Just log in and click on take a test. The proctors are available 7 days a week around the clock. We took ours at 4 am on a Friday and there was no wait! There are a number of you tube videos showing you how to take the test if you would like to familiarize your self with it beforehand. That's what I did, so I knew what to expect. 

If u are buying the 6 pack of covid tests for yourself and friends,  do you have to list your friends name when ordering or can you just list your name and anyone can use the tests once purchased?  Also , do you have one account or does each person/non family member create their own accounts?   Thank you. Appreciate your help. 

The stuff I'll recap isn't entirely clear so....to recap:

• You can order as many tests as you want from Optum but each person using a test that you acquired must have a separate account.
  • The eMed test from Optum can be done from a pc by heading to this link https://www.emed.com/, click on the log in button (top right) and select the create account option. Do this for each person in your party..... or....
  • If you would like to use your phone to complete and record your test results use the available Navica app. The Navica app is available for both iphone and android. Head to the appropriate app store and download it. Again, install the app on the phone of each person in your party taking the test.
  • Go through the same process to create an account on the app if you chose this method and I recommend the app over a PC because you have easy digital access to your test results. As well, you'll also get an email the provides your test result and a printable page that lists the information needed to clear COVID boarding protocols. I recommend you print out a hard copy of the test results page and carry it with you to the terminal putting in a place you can easily and quickly grab it, i.e., don't pack it and be "that person" rummaging through bags to find your test results and holding the line up.
  • If you're using a PC, see the video above posted by Space Noodles
  • If you're using the phone app, it is super easy and straight forward to use. On the Navica home page after you've created your account, select I have a test/start testing option. After that you're set. The app will walk you through the whole process for each person. Again, even using the phone app, you'll get an email with a hard copy test result page...... see my comments about that above. 

9 hours ago, KrisD said:

If u are buying the 6 pack of covid tests for yourself and friends,  do you have to list your friends name when ordering or can you just list your name and anyone can use the tests once purchased?  Also , do you have one account or does each person/non family member create their own accounts?   

Everyone will create their own accounts. It doesn't matter whose name is on the initial order. Anyone can use the tests.