Booster vaccine

Natalfaz

1 hour ago, Natalfaz said:

Hello, so what happens if your due your booster 9 days before cruise, does this count as not being fully vaccinated in the 14 day window royal asks for? 

Thanks 

You’re not required to have a booster to cruise on Royal Caribbean.  As long as your original 2nd Pfizer, 2nd Moderna, or 1 J&J was at least 14 days before your cruise, you’re good.

6 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

You’re not required to have a booster to cruise on Royal Caribbean.  As long as your original 2nd Pfizer, 2nd Moderna, or 1 J&J was at least 14 days before your cruise, you’re good.

The thing is they way they do the vaccine card here in Spain, they donr put the date of each vaccine, they just state the latest date of thw vaccine, although it does say 3/3  so you would think it obvious that thw previous ones are with in well before the 14 days?  Wow the amount of things we have to worry about to cruise ahaha. 

I would be nervous about this personally. they are looking at the last date on your card.  I got my booster so I would have at least a month grace period before my next sailing.  But if i didn't have those 14 days, i'd wait until after and just have them see my last vax shot. 

here is what RC twitter told me:

Hi, there. The final dose of the vaccine has to be completed at least 14 days before sailing. If the booster falls within that time frame then you can add it. If not then The last vaccine administered that completed the final dose. -

The thing is they way they do the vaccine card here in Spain, they donr put the date of each vaccine, they just state the latest date of thw vaccine, although it does say 3/3  so you would think it obvious that thw previous ones are with in well before the 14 days?  Wow the amount of things we have to worry about to cruise ahaha. 

Do they take your old card and give you new card every time you get a vaccine?  I don’t understand how the card can have the date of the most recent vaccine put on it each time and not still have the dates of the previous vaccines.  If they give you a new card each time, couldn’t you keep the one you have from your first 2 by saying you “lost it” when you go for your booster?  Or maybe wait until after the cruise to get your booster?

Natalfaz, do you and your family members each have an EU Digital COVID (Vaccination) Certificate on your phones? I assume you have the paper copies. I have a Swiss COVID Certificate (parallels the features of the EU Certificate). Mine lists vaccine type, product, manufacturer and date of vaccination. It also says 3/3 under dose. The paper copy is going to be key - print one out for each family member. There's a QR code on your digital certificates. QR code readers in countries outside the EU may not be able to scan your digital certificate's QR code.    

58 minutes ago, D Alt said:

I would be nervous about this personally. they are looking at the last date on your card.  I got my booster so I would have at least a month grace period before my next sailing.  But if i didn't have those 14 days, i'd wait until after and just have them see my last vax shot. 

here is what RC twitter told me:

Hi, there. The final dose of the vaccine has to be completed at least 14 days before sailing. If the booster falls within that time frame then you can add it. If not then The last vaccine administered that completed the final dose. -

Hello, this is the answer from royal :

Hey, Natasha,. Since we don't require the booster, we aren't concerned with the date you received it. -Gwen

29 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Natalfaz, do you and your family members each have an EU Digital COVID (Vaccination) Certificate on your phones? I assume you have the paper copies. I have a Swiss COVID Certificate (parallels the features of the EU Certificate). Mine lists vaccine type, product, manufacturer and date of vaccination. It also says 3/3 under dose. The paper copy is going to be key - print one out for each family member. There's a QR code on your digital certificates. QR code readers in countries outside the EU may not be able to scan your digital certificate's QR code.    

Hiya, this is what it looks like. 

Screenshot_20220123_153154.jpg

Great, you should be good as long as you can show that (I can see the entry that shows when you were vaxed). Looks to be in the same format as my Swiss Pass. I'd print out a hard copy to be safe just in case your phone stops working. Guarantee, if you have kids, they'll forget to charge them. Obviously, you still need the required pre-boarding negative COVID tests and I think we had the discussion of how you were going to do that and it looked good too. 

10 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Great, you should be good as long as you can show that (I can see the entry that shows when you were vaxed). Looks to be in the same format as my Swiss Pass. I'd print out a hard copy to be safe just in case your phone stops working. Guarantee, if you have kids, they'll forget to charge them. Obviously, you still need the required pre-boarding negative COVID tests and I think we had the discussion of how you were going to do that and it looked good too. 

So after i queried with royal and explained that thw certificate only showes the last vaccine date im my case the booster and would show 26th of Jan, she now needs to check this out and come back to me as she is not sure if this could be a problem. So lets see what she comes back with, but surely if it says 3/3 its obvious my secon jab that makes me fully vaccinated is more than 14 says ago. 

To be honest, information from RCL Customer Service, especially as it applies to pre-boarding COVID testing can be unreliable. If you get a "no, your vaccine record won't work," you have two options: (1) Call back and wait on hold to get another poorly informed CSR who may or may not give you the green light or (2) assume your digital shot record will be fine - and I think it will be. RCL has to be used to the EU digital COVID Certificates. You might encounter ship's staff sailing out of US ports who may not have seen these but, I feel confident that if the right person in guest relations is contacted by check in staff, a quick response saying those will work fine will follow. Up to you but I can't imagine you being denied boarding with a hard copy pint out of your COVID Certificate.

15 minutes ago, JeffB said:

To be honest, information from RCL Customer Service, especially as it applies to pre-boarding COVID testing can be unreliable. If you get a "no, your vaccine record won't work," you have two options: (1) Call back and wait on hold to get another poorly informed CSR who may or may not give you the green light or (2) assume your digital shot record will be fine - and I think it will be. RCL has to be used to the EU digital COVID Certificates. You might encounter ship's staff sailing out of US ports who may not have seen these but, I feel confident that if the right person in guest relations is contacted by check in staff, a quick response saying those will work fine will follow. Up to you but I can't imagine you being denied boarding with a hard copy pint out of your COVID Certificate.

I also have hard copy of my current status wich is valid 2/2 wich i could show, maybe just use this? 

32 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I would not rely on anything verbal

get it in writing, use email.

anything else is hearsay.

We have decided to just get the booster when we fly back, there is too much in jeopardy, because even if royal says yes, what if up on entry to the USA they say NO, or even maybe test positive because of the jab i have been reading today it has happend????or even the jab give us a fever and maybe not be able to board flight and cruise.. Just makes me so nervous... So as we only had our last jab 5 months ago & we are young and healthy, hopefully we will be OK till we get back. 

Thanks all for your help. 

4 hours ago, Natalfaz said:

Hiya, this is what it looks like. 

Screenshot_20220123_153154.jpg

‘You should just print this out NOW …… and their personal one for everybody else going with you who hasn’t had a booster yet……… then show THIS copy to Royal at boarding …… And you wont have a problem …… they’ll see you had your second and last dose much longer than 14 days ago

On 1/23/2022 at 7:59 AM, ChrisK2793 said:

Do they take your old card and give you new card every time you get a vaccine?  I don’t understand how the card can have the date of the most recent vaccine put on it each time and not still have the dates of the previous vaccines.  If they give you a new card each time, couldn’t you keep the one you have from your first 2 by saying you “lost it” when you go for your booster?  Or maybe wait until after the cruise to get your booster?

When I was boosted, the pharmacy tech just added the booster details to the line below the second shot.  I'm over a month out for my next cruise so even if the booster requires 14 days, I'll be well over that by embarkation.