Changes since COVID

April Z

We are sailing on Liberty of the seas in March for the first time since COVID. We are taking our 17-month-old and I'm realizing now a lot of my plans were made without consideration to some of the sailing changes. For example, I was counting on feeding him at windjammer for dinner vs the main dining room since he's picky (and noisy!). Any idea if they've reopened enough capacity for dinner service there?  I've also been reading something about it requiring reservations to eat there now? How hard is it to do this?  It actually seems like you need reservations to do almost any ship activities... Do the reduced capacities make this easy to do or we going to find ourselves out of luck frequently?

You will have no problem eating at Windjammer. They say to make reservations but in most cases it isn't required. Once Windjammer was opened on the ship, they haven't closed them. The most changes you will deal with is shows and maybe the program geared towards children. But also March is a decent amount of time away so things could possibly shift or change by then.

9 hours ago, April Z said:

We are sailing on Liberty of the seas in March for the first time since COVID. We are taking our 17-month-old and I'm realizing now a lot of my plans were made without consideration to some of the sailing changes. For example, I was counting on feeding him at windjammer for dinner vs the main dining room since he's picky (and noisy!). Any idea if they've reopened enough capacity for dinner service there?  I've also been reading something about it requiring reservations to eat there now? How hard is it to do this?  It actually seems like you need reservations to do almost any ship activities... Do the reduced capacities make this easy to do or we going to find ourselves out of luck frequently?

You will have a great time on the cruise. One if the best things about a cruise for parents of young children is that you can spend a week where everything is done for you!

Windjammer will definitely be open and he may also enjoy eating at Sorrento's if he likes pizza.

If you are comfortable having him in Adventure Ocean, I would suggest getting there as soon as you board to reserve some times so that you can enjoy the free babysitting while you enjoy a nice quiet dinner in the main dining room, or one of the specialty restaurants.

Liberty has a great pool area for younger kids.

Be sure to know that you must book an official Royal Caribbean excursion since your child will not have been vaccinated. 

Have fun!. My family is on the March 13th Liberty of the Seas. It will be our 3rd cruise on this ship and we really enjoy it.

7 hours ago, wordell1 said:

You will have a great time on the cruise. One if the best things about a cruise for parents of young children is that you can spend a week where everything is done for you!

Windjammer will definitely be open and he may also enjoy eating at Sorrento's if he likes pizza.

If you are comfortable having him in Adventure Ocean, I would suggest getting there as soon as you board to reserve some times so that you can enjoy the free babysitting while you enjoy a nice quiet dinner in the main dining room, or one of the specialty restaurants.

Liberty has a great pool area for younger kids.

Be sure to know that you must book an official Royal Caribbean excursion since your child will not have been vaccinated. 

Have fun!. My family is on the March 13th Liberty of the Seas. It will be our 3rd cruise on this ship and we really enjoy it.

It sounds like we will literally be waving at you guys as you leave Galveston as we are on the March 20th sailing!  Thank you so much for the reassurance! We are pretty experienced at Royal Caribbean ships, but this is our first time bringing a little one and the first time since the world went sideways.

We are on the March 6th cruise on Liberty and just completed one with her on January 16th. Windjammer is definitely open and we saw many families there eating and enjoying themselves (we never go anywhere else when we have the G-kids along). You do not need reservations and the only advice would be checking for the line. It was long only at opening otherwise there was never a wait. They scan your ship card for number of guests present and typically scan it on the way out. The Washy-Washy check-in folks are the best! The staff serve the portions to you as you hold your plate typical to many buffet style restaurants currently. Our grand kids loved the pools and on Adventure Ocean just check for reservations and the protocols for the week as soon as you get onboard as they may change due to the number of kids for that sailing. Have fun and enjoy!

On 1/23/2022 at 6:55 PM, CrznTxn said:

We are on the March 6th cruise on Liberty and just completed one with her on January 16th. Windjammer is definitely open and we saw many families there eating and enjoying themselves (we never go anywhere else when we have the G-kids along). You do not need reservations and the only advice would be checking for the line. It was long only at opening otherwise there was never a wait. They scan your ship card for number of guests present and typically scan it on the way out. The Washy-Washy check-in folks are the best! The staff serve the portions to you as you hold your plate typical to many buffet style restaurants currently. Our grand kids loved the pools and on Adventure Ocean just check for reservations and the protocols for the week as soon as you get onboard as they may change due to the number of kids for that sailing. Have fun and enjoy!

Are unvaccinated allowed in Windjammer? Our kiddo is too young