Royal up suite combining rooms

Heidib

We are a family of 5 traveling in two rooms. One is a large ocean balcony and one is a Central Park balcony. We received the Royal Up email and one option for our Large ocean balcony is a two bedroom aqua theater room. If we bid on it and win it, could the two people who are in the Central Park balcony room also be moved into the aqua theater room since it sleeps 8?  Would we be charged anything additional?  Would we be refunded the beverage package, zoom packages & dining for all 5 of us that we have already paid?  Just want to confirm because that is what I was told by the customer service agent on the phone but I would not want to get onboard and be surprised. Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Heidib said:

We are a family of 5 traveling in two rooms. One is a large ocean balcony and one is a Central Park balcony. We received the Royal Up email and one option for our Large ocean balcony is a two bedroom aqua theater room. If we bid on it and win it, could the two people who are in the Central Park balcony room also be moved into the aqua theater room since it sleeps 8?  Would we be charged anything additional?  Would we be refunded the beverage package, zoom packages & dining for all 5 of us that we have already paid?  Just want to confirm because that is what I was told by the customer service agent on the phone but I would not want to get onboard and be surprised. Thanks!

Only the people in the room that bids and wins the bid would be officially moved to the suite.  They’d also be the only ones who have the suite benefits and the only ones who could use the suite only areas. Only the people moved to the Star Class suite would be refunded their beverage, zoom, and dining packages.  The people from the other room could sleep in the suite, but they wouldn’t receive any of the suite benefits.

14 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Only the people in the room that bids and wins the bid would be officially moved to the suite.  They’d also be the only ones who have the suite benefits and the only ones who could use the suite only areas. Only the people moved to the Star Class suite would be refunded their beverage, zoom, and dining packages.  The people from the other room could sleep in the suite, but they wouldn’t receive any of the suite benefits.

I assumed that would be the case, but the first people I talked to on the phone was saying that the price of the smaller room would be refunded. I agreed with my husband that it didn’t make sense so I called back and the second person said the smaller room could be moved into there but not refunded for room, only beverage, zoom & dining. Lol 

13 hours ago, Heidib said:

It was actually just Royal caribbean customer service I talked to. 

They also get it wrong.  If you read through the various discussions on this board you will find many people get an answer, call back another agent with the same question and get a different answer 

if it’s something of importance I recommend you get it in writing, via email.  Guest services on a ship won’t take a “that’s what I was told”…. I’ve seen guest services on a ship deny someone leaving a ship with their service  dog and that person had all the papers required and all communications with customer service saying they are good to go. So even with an email, it’s questionable.

I linked the benefits, as it’s written….regarding Royal up

here is the link regarding suite guests

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

i think your RC person was wrong. 

There is a smidge of confusion in your post. The replies are correct in only the first two will be charged and anyone in the suite would get the privileges. The issue is that there would be no guarantee of getting the room and if you won your notification, it couldn't happen until the day before. So, you wouldn't be able to cancel the other reservation and move those two to the room in time. Your rooms are two separate bookings, if an aqua theater is available, your best bet is to price it out.

1 hour ago, BowTieBrigade said:

We’re doing our first connecting cabins cruise in six weeks and I didn’t bid on Royal Up for this very reason. Too bad, I’m betting we’re going to have an emptier ship and would have a good shot at a successful bid…

You could always ask at guest services after you board. There have been a few reports lately of people successfully upgrading in this way.

• 6 months later...

In the case of wishing to keep a connected cabins booking intact... I would think it super unlikely Royal up would work out.

I'm guessing the odds of upgrading a "connected cabin bookings" to upgraded "connecting cabin bookings" has to be astronomical.  

Especially on busy sailings we are starting to see again.. 

I would suggest as long as cruise ship companies (and RC is not the only one doing it) treat a "multiple cabin booking" as more than 1 reservation this will be problematic to a system like Royal up.

If anyone has experience to the contrary or has seen it happen... I would love to hear about it.  

Please share!

It is too bad there aren’t more options with the Royal up and similar program since a we usually sail alone in suite but might be willing to upgrade to a larger suite that holds 6-8 people if there were a way to add on others (but it would be such a waste of money to do that just for the two of us). We have found ourselves in this position a few times with both Royal and Norwegian.