"Boarding Time Update!"

Anyone else get this?  The wife and I got emails saying our boarding time had been pushed back an hour and to show up an hour later than scheduled.  What's really strange to me is that earlier boarding times than ours are still available.  I split the difference and picked a time a half hour earlier.  Eager as I am to board and start using my drink package, we also wanted to check out the matinee park anyway.  Its a little confusing to have them tell me to show up an hour after my selected window instead of straight up giving me a later window.

In order to maintain your health and safety, prior to boarding Independence of the Seas, we will be conducting additional precautionary sanitization onboard. As a result, our check-in window at the pier will begin a little later than originally planned. We kindly ask that you please arrive one (1) hour later than your originally selected arrival window. Sticking to your new arrival time is important to have the best boarding day experience. All guests should be checked-in and onboard by 3:30 PM. If you’re traveling with unvaccinated children in your party, please arrive before 3:00 PM. Arriving at your originally selected arrival time will result in you being turned away until your new time.

2 hours ago, Nate Y said:

Anyone else get this?  The wife and I got emails saying our boarding time had been pushed back an hour and to show up an hour later than scheduled.  What's really strange to me is that earlier boarding times than ours are still available.  I split the difference and picked a time a half hour earlier.  Eager as I am to board and start using my drink package, we also wanted to check out the matinee park anyway.  Its a little confusing to have them tell me to show up an hour after my selected window instead of straight up giving me a later window.

I’d suspect that people with the earlier times also received the emails.  Sure you could still pick an earlier time, but you want to arrive an hour later like the email says.  

they don’t give the times, since they’d have to customize the email based on windows and as you noted, you could still pick an earlier window. By them telling everyone to come an hour later than scheduled they can use the same email.  

If they find that the current protocols slow things down, it is not unlikely that the earliest times are on schedule, the next batch delayed by 30 minutes, then the hour group, etc. Pushing everything back by exactly an hour doesn't make sense unless the ONLY factor is more time to prepare the ship for the first new passengers and the rest of the process is unchanged.