Black Friday/Cyber Monday

I'm on board Adventure over Black Friday.  Should I wait for Friday (in long lines) for booking, or should I do it earlier in the week and hope for a price adjustment?

With all the cruises I've taken before, this is the first time I'm actually booking onboard.  It will feel weird not spending hours or days at the computer agonizing over which ship, itinerary, stateroom, and week we'd like to cruise... it's part of the experience I actually like. :)

bc, just make an appointment when you board on Saturday for a set time on Friday. They are usually pretty good about taking the people with appointments in a timely fashion.

I was considering picking up an open booking but will wait to see how the FCC experience goes before I make that decision .... it appears likely that the rules of the FCC will not allow it to be applied to the cruise I already have booked next year and I don't see myself booking a third one next year just to use the credit which will probably mean I am irritated with RCI and not in the mood to make an open booking :)

With all the cruises I've taken before, this is the first time I'm actually booking onboard.  It will feel weird not spending hours or days at the computer agonizing over which ship, itinerary, stateroom, and week we'd like to cruise... it's part of the experience I actually like. :)

If you don't already know what cruise you want to book, my advice is to still spend the time agonizing at the computer before leaving for the cruise to come up with either the cruise you want to book, or at least a shortlist of two or three. For me it is frustrating to have someone else in the driver's seat while searching . But maybe that's just me.  :)

I am hoping to get an upgrade of some sort. I depart Independence Jan 28. I'm after final payment and price dropped. My travel agent friend was on the phone all day today trying to talk about an upgrade and one person told her $128 another $460. She called and talked to multiple people with different answers. I'm wiling to pay for the upgrade if the price is right-this is a 5 night cruise. I was so excited when she told $128-too good to be true. I'll keep checking. Any advice?

Does anyone know when we will know about Black friday or cyber Monday deals .....any updates would be great

Keep an eye on there blog as I'm sure Matt with post the info there. He also tends to talk about these types of things when they come up on his daily Periscopes.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up booking a cruise on CM I've been watching for a couple months. It was a solid $200, maybe close to $300 cheaper (never wrote down the exact amount) a few weeks ago. I ended up with a small deposit, and $100 OBC. I'll be keeping an eye out for a cheaper rate, but I can't complain, not too terrible of a difference.

FWIW, the sale this weekend is better than BF/CM sale. I actually rebooked the two I did then at cheaper prices.

Depending on the sailing, the number of people in the party, the age of the children and various other factors.  This sale from this weekend could be better for some and worse for others.  There is no one sale or promotion that is better for everyone.