Guaranteed Room Question

Question on guaranteed rooms... Does anyone know if you book a guaranteed room (say balcony cabin) and didn't like the assigned location, are you able to call and change it to something else available (assuming there were other open rooms and it wasn't a full sailing) with the same room category?  Never took a guaranteed room before but was considering this in the future. Thanks for any helpful info! 

17 minutes ago, FamilyCruiseFan said:

Question on guaranteed rooms... Does anyone know if you book a guaranteed room (say balcony cabin) and didn't like the assigned location, are you able to call and change it to something else available (assuming there were other open rooms and it wasn't a full sailing) with the same room category?  Never took a guaranteed room before but was considering this in the future. Thanks for any helpful info! 

It probably depends on the type of room.  You probably don't have any worries with a balcony or above category.  We have done a lot of Interior GTY rooms and the basic rule of thumb is that if you have any reservations about where you may be put, then just book the room where you want.  So far, we've been lucky!

I book GTY when I can save some money.  Most of the time I am pleased with the outcome.  Before Covid I was able to move my balcony room after it was assigned to me to be able to be closer to some friends.  There had to be available cabins of the same category.  I had a GTY on my Feb 6 cruise and they assigned it 4 weeks before the cruise and 2 days before they canceled the cruise 🙂