An emed testing tip

Okgladgal

5 minutes ago, SPS said:

If this is such an issue, why is this just now being mentioned here? People have been using these tests to cruise for months now.

No clue. I was surprised. When setting up my Navica account, it has a line for first name & last name. My passport has my middle name. That was not a match to my proctor.

9 minutes ago, Okgladgal said:

I changed it on my Navica account. Just added my middle name next to my first name 

Ok, thanks.

Yeah, your proctor must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  I've done a half dozen of these and have never had them blink an eye at the middle name issue.   But at least I won't be thrown off and will know what to do if I get the same proctor now!!  Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Mark_A said:

I  do know that on my Navica App it does NOT have my middle name but my passport it does.  on my last cruise, no one said anything about it....

I was simply sharing my experience taking my test this morning.  My name on the Navica app didn't have my middle name. The Proctor would not proceed without me changing it to match my passport, which had my middle name.  

I'm packing for my cruise now. Y'all have a good week.

Never had an issue with the navica app and just first and last name when I went through Galveston on a B2B with my girlfriend.  That was in October this year and then stayed on for November with the onboard test where they had messed up the DOB with my girlfriend and I.  We were both negative and they said it wasn't an issue.  They had tried to correct it when we were doing testing but it just wasn't exactly right.  They didn't seem to bother with it because they did test us both on the ship but I would guess that the same mess up with an outside test would cause an issue.

21 hours ago, Okgladgal said:

That's my point. Maybe my proctor was just being picky?

No, just following their guidance to the letter.  my wife and I have both had to do this.  the Navica app has to match perfect with what ever form of ID you use.

I am a Roman numeral II and I have 2 goverment issued ID one with and one with out,  the one without worked perfectly when Navica didn't have it, when i used the other one i had to have it added to Navica.

Just have the name on navica exactly like on you ID to prevent problems

BTW it take 15-20 minutes for the Navica update to be reflected to the Proctor.

I had the same issue today when Hubby and I were taking our tests, the proctor recommended that to prevent any issues with acceptance of the test, since it's for travel purposes, that I add my middle name in since that is what is on both of my IDs. Wasn't a huge deal to go back in and update that in the Navica app.  But I agree, I have done so much research and reading about the tests over the past few weeks that I hadn't seen this mentioned before as something to be aware of and wonder now if their training has changed or if there were issues that were being reported by enough people to have that now included in the verification process.  

And I am happy to report a negative result! so our sailing on Freedom OTS on 1/24 is a go!!  Finally got my bags packed and we are on the red eye to Miami tonight! 

On 1/21/2022 at 11:27 AM, CrznTxn said:

Saw some folks checking in on our January sailing out of Galveston with this issue. They went back and forth with the embarkation "gatekeeper" and finally had to talk with a senior security agent to get approved.

I think I had a run in with the same guy. A real hard case who needs some serious straightening out. In my case he didn't like the format the CVS used for its results and simply refused to accept it. Absolute nightmare 

22 hours ago, HellasLair said:

I had the same issue today when Hubby and I were taking our tests, the proctor recommended that to prevent any issues with acceptance of the test, since it's for travel purposes, that I add my middle name in since that is what is on both of my IDs. Wasn't a huge deal to go back in and update that in the Navica app.  But I agree, I have done so much research and reading about the tests over the past few weeks that I hadn't seen this mentioned before as something to be aware of and wonder now if their training has changed or if there were issues that were being reported by enough people to have that now included in the verification process.  

And I am happy to report a negative result! so our sailing on Freedom OTS on 1/24 is a go!!  Finally got my bags packed and we are on the red eye to Miami tonight! 

Thank you! Was beginning to think we had missed something. If they want the names to match, they should include the middle name requirement when setting up the account. Have fun on Freedom. That was our ship until they switched us over to Explorer.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:21 AM, CruiseGus said:

No, just following their guidance to the letter.  my wife and I have both had to do this.  the Navica app has to match perfect with what ever form of ID you use.

I am a Roman numeral II and I have 2 goverment issued ID one with and one with out,  the one without worked perfectly when Navica didn't have it, when i used the other one i had to have it added to Navica.

Just have the name on navica exactly like on you ID to prevent problems

BTW it take 15-20 minutes for the Navica update to be reflected to the Proctor.

I have set up my Navica app so I went in and added my middle name now to avoid issues when I am ready to use it.  Thanks for the info.