Diamond Drink benefit

I am now a diamond member and have never used the new drink benefits.  As  I understand it you get 4 drinks per day added to your seapass card.  Does this include speciality coffee, water, etc?  If that is the case you should pay for those and save them for alcoholic beverages.

If I go to the diamond lounge and get an alcoholic drink or coffee does that count towards the 4 per day?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Tmsmith said:

Word of caution. Be explicit when you do not want to use the drink vouchers. we intended to purchase two bottles of water when we were departing the ship for a port day and the crew charged them against the vouchers. $26 worth of drinks for water was disappointing. 

I would imagine if you went to guest services they could have fixed that?

2 hours ago, Tmsmith said:

Word of caution. Be explicit when you do not want to use the drink vouchers. we intended to purchase two bottles of water when we were departing the ship for a port day and the crew charged them against the vouchers. $26 worth of drinks for water was disappointing. 

I had the opposite happen. I don't drink any alcohol and when I asked the bartender at the gym to charge my two waters to my diamond drinks he was amazed and asked me if I was sure.

58 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I had the opposite happen. I don't drink any alcohol and when I asked the bartender at the gym to charge my two waters to my diamond drinks he was amazed and asked me if I was sure.

I had a similar experience.  I ordered a Caribbean Mule and a bottle of water at the Safari Club.  The waiter said he’ll just get me a glass of water so I can save my   voucher.

5 hours ago, rccruiser44 said:

I am now a diamond member and have never used the new drink benefits.  As  I understand it you get 4 drinks per day added to your seapass card.  Does this include speciality coffee, water, etc?  If that is the case you should pay for those and save them for alcoholic beverages.

If I go to the diamond lounge and get an alcoholic drink or coffee does that count towards the 4 per day?

Thanks for asking this question.  We are at 68 C&A points.  I got an e-mail recently about the cancellation of Jewel OTS and was pleasantly surprised that Royal would be honoring double points for our cruise that was canceled.  It was an 8-day cruise so double points gets us 16 points.  68+16=84 points so that makes us Diamond!  When will we be officially Diamond cruisers?  We have another cruise scheduled for Jan 29th.

My wife gets the refreshment package and she is happy with that.  I usually get a few "refreshments" too in terms of the souvenir soda glass which she doesn't use.  I would rather have a  couple of beers once in awhile and maybe an occasional mixed drink.  My wife doesn't much care for alcoholic drinks.  Seems like the drink vouchers will work just fine for me!

7 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

Thanks for asking this question.  We are at 68 C&A points.  I got an e-mail recently about the cancellation of Jewel OTS and was pleasantly surprised that Royal would be honoring double points for our cruise that was canceled.  It was an 8-day cruise so double points gets us 16 points.  68+16=84 points so that makes us Diamond!  When will we be officially Diamond cruisers?  We have another cruise scheduled for Jan 29th.

My wife gets the refreshment package and she is happy with that.  I usually get a few "refreshments" too in terms of the souvenir soda glass which she doesn't use.  I would rather have a  couple of beers once in awhile and maybe an occasional mixed drink.  My wife doesn't much care for alcoholic drinks.  Seems like the drink vouchers will work just fine for me!

Did they say that they will be awarding you the points even if you had not sailed?  Or will they honor the double points when you sail on a rescheduled cruise?

18 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

When will we be officially Diamond cruisers?  We have another cruise scheduled for Jan 29th.

After you sail and hit the 80 point mark the following cruise you are recognized as Diamond. The double points for the cancellation will apply to whatever cruise you use the FCC from the cancellation on.

18 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

After you sail and hit the 80 point mark the following cruise you are recognized by Diamond. The double points for the cancellation will apply to whatever cruise you use the FCC from the cancellation on.

It says the FCC just needs to be issued and applied which I would gladly do.  It doesn't say it will apply to the cruise that the FCC is applied to. Now my bubble has burst because something tells me the FCC won't be issued anytime soon.  By that time, we will already reach 80 points after day 6 of our upcoming cruise ... what good is that???

Dear Crown & Anchor Society Member
spacer
Late last week, we announced the unfortunate cancellation of your upcoming January 15, 2022 Jewel of the Seas sailing. Today, we want to respond to the many questions received regarding Double Points. We are happy to share that once the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) issued for this cancellation is applied to an upcoming booking, we will automatically apply the Double Points. There's nothing you need to do to ensure the points are applied.

As a reminder, your new FCC can be used on any Royal Caribbean International sailing that departs on or before December 31, 2022 (or one year from your original sailing - whichever is further out).

We know many of you booked your vacations because of the Double Points promotion, and we look forward to seeing you back onboard in the future.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

spacer

10 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

It doesn't say it will apply to the cruise that the FCC is applied to. 

We are happy to share that once the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) issued for this cancellation is applied to an upcoming booking, we will automatically apply the Double Points. 

spacer

Isn't that what they're saying there?

12 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

It says the FCC just needs to be issued and applied which I would gladly do.  It doesn't say it will apply to the cruise that the FCC is applied to. Now my bubble has burst because something tells me the FCC won't be issued anytime soon.  By that time, we will already reach 80 points after day 6 of our upcoming cruise ... what good is that???

Dear Crown & Anchor Society Member
spacer
Late last week, we announced the unfortunate cancellation of your upcoming January 15, 2022 Jewel of the Seas sailing. Today, we want to respond to the many questions received regarding Double Points. We are happy to share that once the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) issued for this cancellation is applied to an upcoming booking, we will automatically apply the Double Points. There's nothing you need to do to ensure the points are applied.

As a reminder, your new FCC can be used on any Royal Caribbean International sailing that departs on or before December 31, 2022 (or one year from your original sailing - whichever is further out).

We know many of you booked your vacations because of the Double Points promotion, and we look forward to seeing you back onboard in the future.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

spacer

How I read this, they are keeping your double points, but it will be on the cruise you use your FCC on. 

16 minutes ago, Cruise Pirate said:

Does the Diamond perk only hit after the cruise you are on concludes like most of the levels? For Example, my next cruise I will become Diamond on the second day of an 8 day cruise, I know I should get the block on that day but do the perks kick in too?

They wont kick in until your cruise is finished. I just went through that on my Nov cruise. I didn't get full points until I got off ship at end of cruise.

24 minutes ago, Cruise Pirate said:

Does the Diamond perk only hit after the cruise you are on concludes like most of the levels? For Example, my next cruise I will become Diamond on the second day of an 8 day cruise, I know I should get the block on that day but do the perks kick in too?

There is no block upon achieving Diamond status. The first block comes on the cruise during which you reach 140 points.

36 minutes ago, recogneyes said:

Wondering if the double points promotion will count towards the double points i.e. if you're at 126 points and on last night of your 7 day cruise you would have earned 14 points due to double points would that qualify you for a crystal block?

Can testify to this from actual experience -- yes you will get your block! You can even go ask for it early if you want to pack it in your suitcase on the last night.

17 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

Can testify to this from actual experience -- yes you will get your block! You can even go ask for it early if you want to pack it in your suitcase on the last night.

Oh good. Thanks for confirming. I was wondering this too as I will be due my first ever half way through my Anthem cruise in September because of the double points promo.

15 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

YES, unlike crown and anchor status where you have to wait until you get off the cruise to move to the next status with points you will earn ………., you get the crystal block on the cruise you will earn the points to pass the thresholds of 140, 210, 380, etc 

EDITED TO SAY ……..… oops I read that as a question asking to verify …… I saw “can you testify”  LOL 😂 

Edited by ChrisK2793

3 hours ago, recogneyes said:

Wondering if the double points promotion will count towards the double points i.e. if you're at 126 points and on last night of your 7 day cruise you would have earned 14 points due to double points would that qualify you for a crystal block?

Yes. They have a list of everyone boarding who will cross the threshold on the current cruise based on anticipated points earning. Sometimes they leave a form for you to fill out to either accept the block delivered to your stateroom or have it mailed. Other times it's in your cabin when you board.