If my cabin steward or MDR server test positive - am I quarantined?

at52299

I don't officially know the answer to this, however, on our Jan 2nd Oasis sailing our cabin steward disappeared on the third day.  Our new steward said that she had come down with a rash and needed to be treated.  We didn't quire believe this and assumed perhaps she had tested positive.  Either way, we just asked that he share with our previous attendant that we hoped she felt better quickly.  We wondered throughout that day if perhaps we would be contacted by guest services but no call came.  

Our assistant waiter disappeared on our Christmas Allure of the Seas cruise on Day 5. Our waiter mentioned they had a close contact with a positive case (didn't say if it was a passenger or crew member), We didn't ask any additional questions and just tried to enjoy the rest of our cruise

I just returned and on Day 3 I had a massage and scheduled another massage on Day 7 with the same person. When I arrived on Day 7 for my massage, I was assigned a different masseuse and only told my other girl "wasn't feeling well". I suspect she tested positive and had to leave or quarantine, although I was never notified. I don't believe there really is any contact tracing done in that aspect, unless it is within your own cabin. Upon return from our cruise, I tested myself and was negative and that would have been 6 days after contact when I tested. We enjoyed our cruise and I always felt safe despite that minor worry.

This is probably the only "fear" i've even had about cruising, and even then I haven't spent much time on it.

Over the course of a week, we certainly don't spend a ton of time with the servers or the cabin attendants and most of that time, both us and the crew member are fully masked, so that gives me some amount of comfort in the situation. 

Fully masked staff means little. 6 feet for more than 15 minutes is the ship board medical staff of definition of close contact. 

Our daughter spent two hours in AO with one other child and two staff members playing in their six foot circles. She was in AO on day 3. Day 5 she was brought to medical for testing. We all (5) spent the rest of our cruise in isolation. 

We were treated well but it was a giant disappointment to be isolated for NYE, NYD & disembarkation morning.

Not to mention the rest of the process. 

In full transparency we have already booked a cruise in April and a TA in 2023...