HAVE A CRUISE IN MAY 2022 CAN I CANCEL AND SWITCH TO A CRUISE MARCH 2023??

kt2000

If you're before final payment, you can cancel and get a full refund

If you prefer, you can cancel under Cruise with Confidence program and get a 100% future cruise credit, which after it's issued, you could then book a cruise in March 2023.

My advice is work with a good travel agent so that you can be aware of all these "moving parts"

1 hour ago, kt2000 said:

WE ARE NOT COMFORTABLE CRUISING IN MAY 2022 CAN WE CANCEL AND TRANSFER CRUISE TO MARCH 2023 WITH FCC CREDIT SO WE WOULD NOT INCURR ANY EXTRA CHARGES?

Just keep in mind that whether you cash out or get the FCC, the “new” cruise will not be price protected….so if the new cruise is more expensive than the “old” cruise, you will have additional expense. Of course, in the rare situation where the new cruise is less $$ then you will have a savings !

8 minutes ago, mugoo said:

If we cancel our cruise for this March and want to book one in March 2023 do we have to wait for our FCC or would we be able to just transfer the current booking to a new booking? 

You'll have to wait for the FCC if you want to use that to place the deposit. You could always book the new cruise and when the FCC arrives, apply it to the reservation.

Hey Matt, you said if you cancel you can get a full refund? We have one in April, cut off for full payment isn't until March and we were told only option was to do FCC. Have they changed something recently? I actually don't want a refund, we want to bump it out a few months, but this was different than what I was told. Thanks, 

Kate

16 minutes ago, Katiemay said:

Hey Matt, you said if you cancel you can get a full refund?

Yes, IF you're before the final payment date.

Maybe you were told FCC because you have a non-refundable deposit so you'd be hit with a change fee when cancelling?

Slight hijacking of the thread, but still relevant...

We paid a cash deposit on a non-refundable sailing for April 2022, and so far that is all we have paid towards it. We have FCC from an RC-cancelled sailing that hasn't been applied yet. I know if we cancel due to covid protocols (once those are released for April) we can get the deposit refunded, rather than new FCC issued. If we were to apply the FCC towards this sailing, and cancelled due to protocols, would we be able to get a cash refund of the FCC as well or would we be stuck with the credit still?

7 hours ago, mugoo said:

If we cancel our cruise for this March and want to book one in March 2023 do we have to wait for our FCC or would we be able to just transfer the current booking to a new booking? 

Royal modified their final payment deadline to 30 days prior for sailings through May 31, 2022.  With this being the case, here is what I would do in your situation assuming you've already paid the full ammount (before the deadline in this scenario).

If you booked a refundable rate, just request a full refund in cash (not future cruise credit through cruise with confidence) and ignore the steps below.

1. Call and request that all money paid, less the deposit be refunded to you since it is not yet due.

2. Wait until that money hits your bank account. Not sure how long this takes, but expect over a week.

3. (Assuming you booked a non-refundable deposit rate) after you've received the money, call and cancel the reservation under the CWC policy. You will be issued a FCC equal to the non-refundable deposit that you can apply towards your March 2023 cruise. The FCC is valid for sailings until one year after your original sail date, so you would have to cruise on or before March 5th, 2023 if your sailing was March 5th, 2022.

You can book the March 2023 cruise whenever and have the FCCs you receive in step 3 applied towards that booking once you receive them.

Doing this allows you to have less money tied up in FCCs that have an expiration date.  Cash is king. Hope this helps.