Ensenada Excursions

BowTieBrigade

We have not done those thru Royal, but years ago we did horseback riding.  We were there last weekend and we just got off the ship and walked around.  We went to the "Giant" flag and they had a water fountain show that was short, but very nice.  From there we walked into town and took a horse drawn carriage ride.  It was short but they stayed on a busy road so it was hard to hear the driver especially thru his mask.  We then walked to the Huge Catholic church.  We arrived just as services were letting out.  It was beautiful.  We walked back towards the tourist district and went to the Taqueria.  Yes from Church to Tequila!   We went in and those in our group that drink paid 10 USD for a tour and Tequila tasting.  Those that didn't drink were able to hear how Tequila is made and walk thru the exhibits.  It was very interesting.  We had been to Ensenada many times years ago when RCCL cruised there.  It is sooooo much better now.  There are still those trying to sell things, but the number is down and we saw NO beggars.  Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am always interested in hearing folks' experiences in Ensenada and elsewhere on the Mexican Riviera.  We just don't hear of many folks actually cruising  there.  And I want to.  Schedules, dates, and packages just never align.🤿

So please, share! 🥰

• 4 weeks later...

I visited Ensenada twice on a B2B in January 2022.  The first time, I walked to the Bar Andaluz/ Centro Cultural Riviera (a former grand hotel) -- it was just under a mile to walk there, but pleasant enough.  The second time, I took the RCL Wine Excursion so I could see the countryside -- which I did!  We went to two vineyards, one of which was obviously set up for tourists (but nice, with a great store!), and one which was newer, and didn't have quite as extensive amenities, but their wine was pretty good.  I would recommend it as a way to see the countryside -- there were some great views of Ensenada's bay coming back in.

• 8 months later...
On 6/2/2022 at 10:15 PM, Babsy47 said:

We have done kayaks at La Bufadora on one trip and ATV zip line tour on another.  The kayak trip was through RC and was fine.  The ATVs were with ATV Ensenada, and we had a great time!

@Babsy47 I've signed up for the kayaks at La Bufadora; I'm pretty experienced with kayaks and am curious -- did they offer single kayaks?  I'm going solo, and would prefer to stay that way on the kayak.  Was it enjoyable?

We used Jorge Luis Perez for a tour of Valle De Guadalupe while in Ensenada.  I had contacted him a month or so via email prior to arrival and he was very responsive with emails back and forth a few times weekly.  He gave us great recommendations on locations to visit and even adjusted to our specific desires (2 wineries, 1 brewery, and a food cart).  He was quite affordable and even gave us a small tour of Ensenada prior to making our way to the wine region.  His vehicle was very clean and offered us beer, water, and snacks during our ride. The highlight of the trip was ending at a VERY local seafood cart.  We even had him order for us since we only speak English.  Jorge is truly a hidden gem in the area. His email is [email protected].