Most popular complimentary venue on Oasis.

Jack S

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to Most popular complimentary venue on Oasis.

I would say park cafe because it caters to just about everyone for breakfast & lunch w/o the chaos of windjammer or MDR. I know there are others like the solarium bistro but the bistro does not have the famous Kimmelwik sandwich! We also really enjoyed El Loco Fresh which was a great complimentary venue. I have to say the breakfast burritos were actually decent and I was not expecting that. 

I was pleasantly surprised with Boardwalk Dog House. I eat hot dogs more often than I should and I'm picky about the dog itself. The regular hot dog there had good flavor  and the bun was unexpectedly soft and nice. It wasn't your typical hot dog bun, but more like a pretzel bun that hadn't been dipped/boiled before baking. DW got the sausage dog and thought it was really good as well. 

27 minutes ago, kadmgs said:

I was pleasantly surprised with Boardwalk Dog House. I eat hot dogs more often than I should and I'm picky about the dog itself. The regular hot dog there had good flavor  and the bun was unexpectedly soft and nice. It wasn't your typical hot dog bun, but more like a pretzel bun that hadn't been dipped/boiled before baking. DW got the sausage dog and thought it was really good as well. 

I agree with you.  I wasn't expecting much...but found the dogs to be very acceptable.

On 1/21/2022 at 5:55 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I loved the breakfast (and lunch) selections at Solarium Bistro.  Sorrentos totally for late night sometimes afternoons too!  And after Sorrentos always headed diagonally across the way for luscious sweets from Cafe Promenade.

Another vote for the Solarium Bistro for breakfast.  So relaxed and quiet  - the choices are smaller, but they had everything I wanted.  

On 1/21/2022 at 2:01 PM, kadmgs said:

I'm VERY excited about getting to try the Dog House on Allure this summer/fall. I love hot dogs and will almost always chose them over burgers at a bbq. And as a Chicagoan I'm very interested to test their Chicago dog. haha.

I'm already planning that this is where I'll be going for an embarkation day snack or lunch.

Edit: Oh no! they don't have a Chicago dog on Allure! How will I cope!!? Hahaha

29 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I'm VERY excited about getting to try the Dog House on Allure this summer/fall. I love hot dogs and will almost always chose them over burgers at a bbq. And as a Chicagoan I'm very interested to test their Chicago dog. haha.

I'm already planning that this is where I'll be going for an embarkation day snack or lunch.

Good news! Now you don't have to be disappointed by their "Chicago dog" not living up to your expectations.

35 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

If I remember correctly, you can add mustard, ketchup, & mayo yourself. They also have sauerkraut and maybe onions &/or relish as well. My only complaint about the Dog House was the limited options for toppings, but I'm happy with just yellow mustard if it's a good dog.

34 minutes ago, kadmgs said:

If I remember correctly, you can add mustard, ketchup, & mayo yourself. They also have sauerkraut and maybe onions &/or relish as well. My only complaint about the Dog House was the limited options for toppings, but I'm happy with just yellow mustard if it's a good dog.

I would be impressed if they had all the Chicago Dog toppings which include relish (this special neon green version is the correct way, but regular works too), mustard, diced onions, slices of tomato, tiny peppers, a whole pickle spear and celery salt..all on a poppy seed bun. We call it "dragged through the garden."

But I have no qualms about trying something all together new - the Sicilian and Smokehouse sound good too! After all..I *live* in Chicago....I can get one of those anywhere here! Lol

image.png.9243cb3e22dd4086a97002be135e32b1.png

The above menu was not what they were serving on Oasis in December. It was much more limited, but you could tell they had the space to run it when supply chain/COVID issues were not present. Maybe when everything is "normal," they will have everything listed above.  

19 hours ago, kadmgs said:

The above menu was not what they were serving on Oasis in December. It was much more limited, but you could tell they had the space to run it when supply chain/COVID issues were not present. Maybe when everything is "normal," they will have everything listed above.  

Good to know. I'm gonna be on Allure so not sure if that really changes what foods these Oasis-class staples offer, but it's goog to know regardless. Thanks!

2 hours ago, teddy said:

It’s funny how different tastes are….

We enjoyed El Loco on Freedom….but we won’t eat lobster on vacation.  

I understand completely!

I will say I was pleasantly surprised by Portside BBQ, though. While it is not a complementary option on Oasis, it was good BBQ. This is coming from a Texas girl with a smoker in my backyard who can throw down some BA Que & does BBQ road trips. Their smoked chicken wings were amazing and their burnt ends were some of the best I've ever eaten. Honestly, if I were to pay out of pocket for any specialty dining on Oasis, Portside might be the one I would do it for if I didn't have the UDP. Their prices are right in line with what we pay here for decent to good BBQ.   

9 hours ago, kadmgs said:

I understand completely!

I will say I was pleasantly surprised by Portside BBQ, though. While it is not a complementary option on Oasis, it was good BBQ. This is coming from a Texas girl with a smoker in my backyard who can throw down some BA Que & does BBQ road trips. Their smoked chicken wings were amazing and their burnt ends were some of the best I've ever eaten. Honestly, if I were to pay out of pocket for any specialty dining on Oasis, Portside might be the one I would do it for if I didn't have the UDP. Their prices are right in line with what we pay here for decent to good BBQ.   

This good to hear.  We are looking forward to eating there 

On 1/28/2022 at 3:47 PM, kadmgs said:

I understand completely!

We went there for lunch today. It was awesome. 

• 1 month later...

Oasis of the Seas, or Oasis class ships?    Harmony is Oasis class.  The Solarium Bistro was closed "indefinitely" on my recent cruise; crew said they were unsure if it would be reopening or closed permanently.  😞   Park Cafe is excellent for breakfast and lunch (closes at 5:30 PM); Sorrentos, Cafe Promenade (some items are complimentary), Windjammer, Mini Bites (Pool deck aft).  And of course, the unlimited soft-serve ice cream located pool deck (#15) aft near Mini Bites.  BTW, was told that apparently you can get "free" smoothies and juices at the Vitality Spa Cafe if you have Refreshment or Deluxe drinks Package (but didn't try it yet).