Purchasing next cruise on board

In November and went to NextCruise.  We got an amazing deal on our booking, plus OBC.  I have been doing price checks regularly for our trip and it's currently 100-250 more per person for the fare with no OBC than we paid all inclusive (including gratuities).  I think this is one of those things that may be hit-or-miss.  But we were happy with the booking process.

I had made some friends on a cruise in September and Nextcruise was selling cabins for $300 or more over the sale price availalbe online.  So the reduced deposit and the OBC offer was paltry compared to the savings.  The friends used my wifi to find the sale price online-screen shot it- and used it to  negotiate.  I had to do the same thing.  I felt Nextcruise was doing me dirty by not giving me the best price available.  I got my best price AND I received the $100 OBC for my cabin and all the other cabins I booked for my other cruises.  The friends I had made did not know that nextcruise would offer $100 OBC so they got $50 OBC with their better price.  So now I am very much aware that Nextcruise does not necessarily offer the best rates.    You can also have Royal Caribeean or your Travel agent lower your cruise price if you find a better deal, but really,they should be giving the better deal at the moment with Nextcruise!  It can take some time before your cruise is available for you to get those adjustments done.
It almost felt like I was buying or trading in a car-they guy knew I had wifi and pricing so his first question"  What price do you have?"   Really:  How about YOU tell ME what price you can offer me first?!

I just booked a cruise for March 2023 even though I'm going to be on another cruise this March. For one, the deals aren't quite what they used to be, it seems. I think this is because there always seems to be some pretty decent promotion online.

I would've waited anyway, however, we're going on Wonder in 2023 and the rooms were already filling up (probably because I'm guessing a lot of people who were supposed to cruise over the past winter or this spring have moved it to spring 2023), so I went ahead and grabbed the room I wanted. I'll keep checking back to see if there's ever a better deal. 

We booked through nextcruise while on Liberty of the Seas for a 10 night cruise on Vision of the Seas. We got an oceanview for cheap and the next day the price dropped online so we got another 50 bucks back. 

I would suggest having a device in hand with a mock booking. That is exactly what I did and had zero issues. It does require you to have internet access but it eliminates a lot of stuff as well because I was able to look at the deck maps and pick a room without issue. 

The other option is to but down an open ended deposit you can use later. You don't actually have to pick a cruise while there. And my booking was transferred directly to the travel agency I regularly use.