RC Onboard App Question

RC app is free to use without issue. Once you are connected you will have access to the ships local servers through the app for checking balances as well as reserving shows.  Chatting with other members of your party does cost extra as mentioned but it's easy enough to have notes left in a room and if someone does something they just drop by the room and leave a note. 

15 minutes ago, MuttMutt said:

RC app is free to use without issue. Once you are connected you will have access to the ships local servers through the app for checking balances as well as reserving shows.  Chatting with other members of your party does cost extra as mentioned but it's easy enough to have notes left in a room and if someone does something they just drop by the room and leave a note. 

can we use walkie talkies to communicate with our kids?

Dining:  When you get onboard head to the main dining room and ask for the reservations you want.  That is what I had to do when I did not have my Main Dining Room scheduled 5:30 dinner-I went direct to the Main dining room to request a regular set time.  Otherwise I was on My Time Dining-which I do not understand exactly how that works-but I think you can "book  for the week" otherwise I saw a line waiting at the dining room to get a table every time we left the dining room. I imagine that was the My Time Dining people waiting on a table to open

With my time dining you are supposed to able to book as you go. In practice you may as well just book everything as soon as you hit the ship. Otherwise just pick a time you prefer to eat at and set that up when you book your cruise. It doesn't mean you have to eat there just that you will have a timeslot available. 

I always set my time dining but after my last cruise will be scheduling for an early meal time in the main dining room. The last one we only went to the MDR once and scheduling it required my girlfriend to go down and talk to someone as the only thing available was around 9pm and she wanted to see a show at that time. 

And for anything wireless communication wise figure if it's not line of sight is not going to work well. Metal kills signals and even in port a cell signal will not penetrate into the ship very much. I have tried to find an app that is able to work using the wifi system but sadly everything I have seen no longer functions at all.  https://www.f-droid.org/en/packages/d.d.meshenger/ is one that I looked at but it just didn't function even on my home network. But if someone who is into programming was to look at it and maybe fix it is possible that would work on the ship without an internet connection.