Walgreen's Change Covid Testing

Hi, I found out by looking it seems like through most all of Illinois Walgreen's has now changed from a week out to testing to 3 days max with far fewer appointments available.  Not sure if this is permanent for because of supply and demand or something else going on with tests.  We do have the Emed and that has costs that if possible we rather not pay.  We don't live close to docks or a major airport so wherever we can save this is what we try and do so we can keep on cruising!  

This morning I tried booking at Walgreen's in Jacksonville, FL where we are staying and the website only showed 3 days in advance for scheduling. However, I was able to book Jan 29 at CVS. I chose their rapid antigen test (never done this before) and I hope that's the correct one. I figured since we were here, we would hold on to our tests we bought from Optum for this cruise and use them in May, since they won't expire.

1 hour ago, The Fox said:

This morning I tried booking at Walgreen's in Jacksonville, FL where we are staying and the website only showed 3 days in advance for scheduling. However, I was able to book Jan 29 at CVS. I chose their rapid antigen test (never done this before) and I hope that's the correct one. I figured since we were here, we would hold on to our tests we bought from Optum for this cruise and use them in May, since they won't expire.

Welcome to Jacksonville!   Royal accepts the rapid antigen test from Walgreens.  I've used them in all 6 cruises, no issues whatsoever

1 hour ago, The Fox said:

Yes we used cvs rapid test in November. Easy to do and no issues. 

It's already hard enough to get an appointment when you need one. Walgreens creating less availability is not the solution.

What's really needed is for people to stop getting tested every time they have the sniffles and leave the tests for those who have real symptoms or require the tests for travel.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

It's already hard enough to get an appointment when you need one. Walgreens creating less availability is not the solution.

What's really needed is for people to stop getting tested every time they have the sniffles and leave the tests for those who have real symptoms or require the tests for travel.

TIP:   Try to book for your targeted date a little past midnight when the date becomes available.