Cruise Planner Drink Package Sales

SemperMom

I posted this in another thread, but seems relevant here:

• In the planner, there are "high" and "low" prices that are set for each cruise (every ship, every sailing, every itinerary, based on some fuzzy logic).
  • These prices are normally at the high value, but then go to the low value during a "sale". They just toggle back and forth for months.
  • As the departure date approaches, certain thresholds are checked (120 days out, 60 days out, etc) and if the threshold isn't met, the low price is adjusted down for the next "sale" - for instance: If The Key isn't selling as well, they may drop it another 10%.
  • Then throw in a RC-wide sale like (Black Friday, or a holiday) where everything gets a few more dollars knocked off, until they're adjusted back up to the high value at the end of the sale.

For example, my current Oasis sailing in October 2022 has the "high" price of the deluxe drink package at $88/day BOGO 50% off, and the "low" price at $69/day. Will it go lower? Maybe, nobody really knows. 

Here's another good rule of thumb: If you find something you're DEFINITELY going to want (drink package, massage, dining), buy it TODAY. Assume the price will never go down, and be pleasantly surprised if it goes on sale. If you're on the fence about something, then it's on you to vigilantly check if the price changes, and you can't be disappointed if it goes up (see rule of thumb above).

5 hours ago, Marlena said:

Are these new " normal " prices for DBP now. Last cruise in nov I paid 50$ per day and I find 2022 cruises prices are astronomical for stuff like this. Had never seen it above 62 on any cruise I've taken before.

It depends on the ship and sail date as well as the sale and how far out you are buying.  I have been able to obtain the DBP for $52 on a May sailing, but not on my June sailing -same ship, same itinerary, same port.  I've also purchased it at $68 on other sailings and then saw it go up and down in price.  It pays to keep checking your pricing.  It is extremely easy to cancel something you have paid for -with an immediate return to your payment method, be it OBC (onboard credit), debit or credit card -or any combo of those.  Then you can immediately repurchase it at the sale price.