Difference between Superior and Deluxe?

Is there much difference between a Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony and a Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony on the Navigator of the Seas? I have booked a Superior D3-6548. I am a little confused as to how the D numbering system works. My main concern is that the room is by the elevator, the RC employee I spoke with assured me it would not be an issue. What does everyone think? Can I find a better room than this one? Is it worth the extra $ for the superior over the Deluxe? Some descriptions say that the superior has a couch on the balcony while others do not.

The basic difference is the size of the room and balcony, relative to each other.  If I'm not mistaken, D class is slightly larger and E class.  Also, sometimes the location of the stateroom (midship versus aft/forward) can be part of the equation.

The basic difference is the size of the room and balcony, relative to each other.  If I'm not mistaken, D class is slightly larger and E class.  Also, sometimes the location of the stateroom (midship versus aft/forward) can be part of the equation.

Your spot on Matt , we had a D2 on Deck 9 on the independence last year and have opted for the same this year because the room and balcony are slightly larger then an E also we are quite near the back which is cool because you are very near the Windjammer and Chops etc. 

Is there much difference between a Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony and a Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony on the Navigator of the Seas? I have booked a Superior D3-6548. I am a little confused as to how the D numbering system works. My main concern is that the room is by the elevator, the RC employee I spoke with assured me it would not be an issue. What does everyone think? Can I find a better room than this one? Is it worth the extra $ for the superior over the Deluxe? Some descriptions say that the superior has a couch on the balcony while others do not.

I actually love staying near the elevator! I have never heard any noise and its just easier being near an elevator. I also agree agree with Dave and like being closer to the aft elevator because I find more things I like to do are on the aft of the ships. 

I actually love staying near the elevator! I have never heard any noise and its just easier being near an elevator. I also agree agree with Dave and like being closer to the aft elevator because I find more things I like to do are on the aft of the ships.

Bring on the Flowrider :) :)

I like being near the elevator too. Thought noise might be an issue but not in the least.  Very convenient too!

• 2 weeks later...

we have a deluxe room near an elevator near the front of the ship, I will be happy to walk to the back of the ship for food etc as it will counter balance the food I am going to eat.

on a recent coach tour of the UK we were worried prior to leaving that we may not get enough food, we had so much food that we were putting on too much weight and being on a coach had no opportunity to lose the weight.

so we will be eating and walking as much as we can