Ala Carte soda pricing and such

CruiseGuy

Price would be per item and not like regular soda at restaurants with refills. The price is the same all places unless you have C&A coupons. So it's $3.50 all places plus the 18% gratuity. And like everything RCG, ymmv. The server might refill it throughout the dinner and charge you once or they may follow rules.

32 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Price would be per item and not like regular soda at restaurants with refills. The price is the same all places unless you have C&A coupons. So it's $3.50 all places plus the 18% gratuity. And like everything RCG, ymmv. The server might refill it throughout the dinner and charge you once or they may follow rules.

I have never been served soda from a dispenser in the MDR, unlike in land-based restaurants.   So I'm assuming the waiters will charge you for each can.  

We had the soda package and it was a pain in the you-know-what to get refills in the MDR.  We tried to order them 2 at a time because it took so long to get a refill, but they wouldn't even let us do that because they were only permitted to get "one at a time on our SeaPass cards".  I'm trying to think of an alternative for our next cruise.

If you like coffee and soda, get the package.  We did the math on the soda and coffee we drank and we definitely won on that one.

One waiter we had did give us the two at a time, but I'm not sure what he did differently.  And we tipped him well 😼

@PG Cruiserwe are also big Coke Zero fans here!

Sorry to hijack this thread...my "news" isn't worthy of a new thread.

I just got a marketing email from Royal (which I usually just delete without even opening) but I was struck by the way it was "titled".

It came to me as "My Royal Caribbean Cruise"...which is new to me.  Not that it really matters...but it has changed.

Seems like there is a subtle shift in Royal's marketing brand...and I first saw it with the Cruise Planner shift from "Cruise Planner" to "My Royal Cruise".

Just interesting subtleties....nothing big.

1 hour ago, FF86 said:

@PG Cruiserwe are also big Coke Zero fans here!

Hello fellow fans!  Now that I'm Diamond Plus, I don't purchase beverage packages anymore.  I use my freebies for the pricier drinks.   I get my (pretend) "specialty" coffee from the Diamond Lounge.  I bring my own Coke Zero and use a filter bottle for my drinking water.   What I haven't gotten myself to do is to bring my bottled Coke Zero to the MDR (or specialty dining) and just ask for ice.  Even if they'd allow it, I think it would be tacky ha ha

1654171778_IMG_05932.thumb.JPG.70be2f2e105da57768936a1872a06485.JPG

18 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

What I haven't gotten myself to do is to bring my bottled Coke Zero to the MDR (or specialty dining) and just ask for ice.  Even if they'd allow it, I think it would be tacky ha ha

LOL.  You need to "get over" that !  Whenever I don't have the DBP (which is rare), I always bring my Coke to dinner with me.  Nobody even notices !

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

LOL.  You need to "get over" that !  Whenever I don't have the DBP (which is rare), I always bring my Coke to dinner with me.  Nobody even notices !

Thanks!  I'm "over it" already, thanks to your reply! ha ha  

I'll do it on my next cruise, hopefully the Wonder Inaugural. 

2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Hello fellow fans!  Now that I'm Diamond Plus, I don't purchase beverage packages anymore.  I use my freebies for the pricier drinks.   I get my (pretend) "specialty" coffee from the Diamond Lounge.  I bring my own Coke Zero and use a filter bottle for my drinking water.   What I haven't gotten myself to do is to bring my bottled Coke Zero to the MDR (or specialty dining) and just ask for ice.  Even if they'd allow it, I think it would be tacky ha ha

I just watched a YouTube video that spanned a couple days onboard. They brought the cans they brought onboard to the WJ for lunch and dinner. They allow you to bring it onboard, so I don't think anyone would mind. Now if you snuck on a fifth of Jack and asked for a shot glass... 

3 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

What I haven't gotten myself to do is to bring my bottled Coke Zero to the MDR (or specialty dining) and just ask for ice.  Even if they'd allow it, I think it would be tacky ha ha

Why would carrying your Coke Zero to the MDR be any tackier than carrying your bottle of wine to the same venue? Both are permitted items.

7 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Why would carrying your Coke Zero to the MDR be any tackier than carrying your bottle of wine to the same venue? Both are permitted items.

I heard that with wine there's some sort of a corkage fee to bring it into the MDR.  Not so with the soda.  For me, I feel like it's a loss of revenue for them (however minor).  

3 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I heard that with wine there's some sort of a corkage fee to bring it into the MDR.  Not so with the soda.  For me, I feel like it's a loss of revenue for them (however minor).  

No corkage fee if you open the bottle yourself before arriving at the MDR.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:51 AM, FF86 said:

We had the soda package and it was a pain in the you-know-what to get refills in the MDR.  We tried to order them 2 at a time because it took so long to get a refill, but they wouldn't even let us do that because they were only permitted to get "one at a time on our SeaPass cards".  I'm trying to think of an alternative for our next 

Order a drink at a bar on your way to the dining room. When you sit ask your waitstaff for another.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:07 AM, PG Cruiser said:

If it makes you feel better, I  have taken my soda package cup, filled from other venues, to the MDR. It does stand out on the fancy tables but they care 0 percent lol