Cruise with Confidence

Keifermj

I have a question about Cruise with Confidence. It is my understanding that you can cancel up to 48 hours before the cruise and receive a credit. However, you have to have a Covid test within 48 hours which would be after the Cruise with Confidence expires. Is this correct?  If so, what is everyone doing to cover yourself if you test positive?  I’m thinking that I should buy travel insurance to cover this gap. Any tips are appreciated!

If you are sailing before April 30, 2022, you are covered by Royal Caribbean if you test positive up to 14 days prior to sailing.  Be sure to read all of the information in the Healthy Sail Protocols that they send you prior to cruising.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

7 hours ago, Keifermj said:

I have a question about Cruise with Confidence. It is my understanding that you can cancel up to 48 hours before the cruise and receive a credit. However, you have to have a Covid test within 48 hours which would be after the Cruise with Confidence expires. Is this correct?  If so, what is everyone doing to cover yourself if you test positive?  I’m thinking that I should buy travel insurance to cover this gap. Any tips are appreciated!

The primary purpose of travel insurance is to provide protection assuming your cruise does happen.  It is separate from Cruise with Confidence.  You could have an accident enroute, lose luggage, have an accident on the cruise, etc.  If you purchase travel insurance and your trip is cancelled, you can probably transfer the coverage to your "replacement" cruise.  (Allianz allows this.)