ID NOW covid test

illmatic3s

5 hours ago, illmatic3s said:

Are these test acceptable for children whom are not vaccinated or do they need a full blown pcr lab test? 

Walgreens has a test called “RAPID DIAGNOSTIC TEST (ID NOW)” ….. if that’s the one you’re talking about, it is an NAAT PCR test that Royal accepts for unvaccinated children.  It says results take 24 hours but they usually come back in about 3 hours.

1 hour ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Walgreens has a test called “RAPID DIAGNOSTIC TEST (ID NOW)” ….. if that’s the one you’re talking about, it is an NAAT PCR test that Royal accepts for unvaccinated children.  It says results take 24 hours but they usually come back in about 3 hours.

Have the testing requirements changed for unvaccinated children?   I thought it was PCR testing at the port (at check-in)?

4 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Yeah that’s what I’m talking about. Just so nervous with not getting results back 

3 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Have the testing requirements changed for unvaccinated children?   I thought it was PCR testing at the port (at check-in)?

Now for unvaccinated kids it’s a PCR test no more than 3 days before the cruise and an antigen test at the port before boarding.  That started a few weeks before Christmas.  Also, their PCR test can’t be done the same day as the boarding test.

For adults and vaccinated children, it can be either antigen or PCR test no more than 2 days before the cruise.

We are sailing on Mariner this Monday 1/24, and trying to get a rapid antigen or PCR test within the Council Bluffs, IA area with results in time is turning out to be impossible. None of our Walgreens or CVS are doing rapid antigen, and PCR are taking around 5 days for results. Walgreens are offering rapid diagnostic ID Now test, but I am not sure this would be considered an acceptable test, as I didn't think the ID Now test was considered neither a PCR or Antigen test, and IS NOT done in a lab, but at the pharmacy. Therefore I don't think they would be able to provide a CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number on the test document ???

So here is where I am questioning if I can get tested at Walgreens with an rapid diagnostic ID Now test as this is what RC states on their FAQ section:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test – our testing requirements call this a “PCR test”
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test – our testing requirements call this an “antigen test"
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth professional. Telehealth testing at home is only accepted for vaccinated guests, and only when it is conducted under live video supervision. Learn more about acceptable telehealth tests including our home test kit.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 

Tests We Do Not Accept

• Antibody tests are not accepted, as they do not detect a current infection.
  • Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted.
  • Supervised telehealth tests are not accepted for unvaccinated guests – only for vaccinated guests.

More on Abbott Brand Tests

We get a lot of questions about Abbott tests, the most commonly available COVID-19 test brand. Here’s what’s accepted.

• Any Abbott brand test administered on site by a pharmacy technician or other health professional is accepted. This includes the common Abbot ID NOW test administered by many pharmacies. The test provider must provide you with a proper results document (no handwritten notes).
  • The Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Test, which is taken at home and supervised by a telemedicine professional, is accepted. It must be taken under live video supervision. Learn more about our Abbott telehealth home test kit.
  • The Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Antigen Self-Test, if taken at home and not supervised by a telehealth representative, is NOT accepted.

Is there anyone that has successfully (or unsuccessfully) used a proper document provided from Walgreens after doing a Abbott ID Now test? There is one private pharmacy that will do rapid antigen test for $285 per person, but they have stated that there will not be either a CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number on the test document.

Worried in Council Bluffs!

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Vincent said:

We are sailing on Mariner this Monday 1/24, and trying to get a rapid antigen or PCR test within the Council Bluffs, IA area with results in time is turning out to be impossible.

Walgreens are offering rapid diagnostic ID Now test

@Vincent Worried in Council Bluffs!

From the opposite side of the state.  The Walgreens ID NOW test is acceptable have used it 3 time since start up

A potentially less costly option for you:

You can get a Rapid Antigen test outside the terminal and before you enter it at your designated time to check in and board.  The testing is being done by contracted vendors approved by RCL. The test is performed by qualified personnel, results are available in 15-30 minutes and you carry in a hard copy page that has the result with the required information on it.

The cost is $105 per test - about what you would pay if you walked into a pharmacy based health clinic (e.g., Minute Clinic) and paid cash for an AG (not NAAT/PCR/molecular). This link should take you right to the scheduling page for Mariner out of Port Canaveral. I looked and there are plenty of spots available:

https://covlc.gomeyra.cloud/services/tests?pageNumber=1&pageLength=15&locationId=73

Good luck.

It's in your post.

• Any Abbott brand test administered on site by a pharmacy technician or other health professional is accepted. This includes the common Abbot ID NOW test administered by many pharmacies. The test provider must provide you with a proper results document (no handwritten notes).

You'll get an email with your results and all the info Royal needs.