Explorer Next Week

Alexander

They choose day by day whether to allow cruise passengers.  By that I mean, that generally they are looking at the number of positive cases onboard (generally speaking, for most Caribbean nations or islands this has been a percentage of total passengers) and they make a decision in the days leading up to the cruise or maybe day of.  

Aruba and Curacao have each allowed several ships and denied others over the past month.  I was supposed to be on this cruise but elected to cancel I'm sure the cruise will go and everyone will have a great time, I just wanted to wait a couple months as this blows through a bit. 

On Explorer (1/9-1/16) and those islands where not on our schedule. But we did have St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, Barbados, and St. Maarten (St. Lucia was on the schedule but taken off a couple of weeks before cruising). We had everything afforded to us on the ship and all the islands were open for our cruise. 
My best advise is go in with a flexible attitude and don’t worry about what you can’t do anything about. Before our cruise, I was on ‘pins and needles’ and everything I was anxious about actually never materialized. I was convinced COVID was going to cancel my cruise, my test would be positive, my flight canceled, and no island would be opened up. It was just all a bunch of stuff that did not happen. I would hope for the best but be ready to adjust if needed. Odds are on your side that you will be cruising regardless. Enjoy your trip!