Best transportation from Orlando airport to hotels in Cocoa Beach

at52299

Hi! We had the same question when we booked our cruise for later this year. My research turned up a company called Goport.com. Great reviews and they have a "fly, snooze, cruise" package that includes transfer from airport to hotel, hotel stay and transfer from hotel to port. We went ahead and booked close to the airport and it was super reasonable price wise. Thinking we might swap things around and see if we can switch to a hotel closer to the port though. Hope that helps! Happy Travels!

~T

UPDATE: Found out we would need to cancel our current booking in order to switch. Of course the hotels closer to the port are more expensive and we are pretty committed to our current budget. lol We paid $223 for the package with a hotel close to the airport and would pay another $200 for a hotel near the port. We decided to keep the deal we had especially since it looks like we would get to the port just as early. Hope that helps!

Edited by SemperMom
Update Info

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Lyft or Uber is my recommendation

We tried Uber and it was expensive (for us anyway, lol). It was our first time using the service though so maybe there were factors we weren't aware of that increased the price. We landed after midnight and there were 4 of us, maybe that played a roll? The vehicle I chose estimated the trip at $75 but it ended up being $180. We had already paid for a nice room at Port Canaveral on top of that. The Goport deal just seemed cost effective to us and since we really don't mind being on a coach bus (we don't get out much 😆), and the hotel we chose has great reviews we figured, why not? 

Any Uber tips for us newbs? 

~T

On 1/18/2022 at 9:27 AM, SemperMom said:

Hi! We had the same question when we booked our cruise for later this year. My research turned up a company called Goport.com. Great reviews and they have a "fly, snooze, cruise" package that includes transfer from airport to hotel, hotel stay and transfer from hotel to port. We went ahead and booked close to the airport and it was super reasonable price wise. Thinking we might swap things around and see if we can switch to a hotel closer to the port though. Hope that helps! Happy Travels!

~T

UPDATE: Found out we would need to cancel our current booking in order to switch. Of course the hotels closer to the port are more expensive and we are pretty committed to our current budget. lol We paid $223 for the package with a hotel close to the airport and would pay another $200 for a hotel near the port. We decided to keep the deal we had especially since it looks like we would get to the port just as early. Hope that helps!

We booked GoPort for our family July cruise.  We chose to stay at the airport and transfer to the port the next day.  The prices were better (there are 8 of us) and coming in on two different flights.

On 1/18/2022 at 9:27 AM, SemperMom said:

~T

We also used goport.com. We also stayed near the airport and had NO ISSUES getting to the port in time for our boarding time (which was noon). The hotel we selected was very nice too with decent food options close by. The return was equally seamless and even though I mad a slight mistake and booked a pretty early flight, everything worked out. We are definitely using this service again if we cruise out of Port Canaveral.

5 minutes ago, bryresangel said:

We also used goport.com. We also stayed near the airport and had NO ISSUES getting to the port in time for our boarding time (which was noon). The hotel we selected was very nice too with decent food options close by. The return was equally seamless and even though I mad a slight mistake and booked a pretty early flight, everything worked out. We are definitely using this service again if we cruise out of Port Canaveral.

Glad to here this!  This will be our first time using GoPort. 

27 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

Glad to here this!  This will be our first time using GoPort. 

It was our first time too so I was really worried. The only thing that struck me was the phone number had a really scratchy voice mail message where I couldn't hear it. I was trying to call to confirm I didn't need to do anything. But as long as you don't try to call them, it was great. Very easy to figure out where to go, pick up was very quick too.

57 minutes ago, bryresangel said:

I'm with Whitsmom. @bryresangel Thanks for the reassurance! 

We've also used the Fly, Snooze, Cruise (when we were traveling from CO, we now live in FL), however as others have mentioned, we opted to stay in Orlando. Our flight did not get in until 11:15 pm and we couldn't fathom putting our littles (10,8) on a shuttle to Port Canaveral after hours of traveling. Our shuttle driver was fantastic, and it was so much easier that having to drop everyone, and then my husband having to take the rental car back.

We are flying in (extended family, 2 flights) the day before our cruise and staying at a hotel close to the airport.  Fairfield Inn Augusta National Dr. has complementary shuttle from the airport, is walking distance to a dozen restaurants & bars, provides a free breakfast & both Cortrans and Cruise Control Transportation pick up there.  Total room cost for the night $143.  There is just about every chain hotel in a variety of price ranges in this area.  IMO it’s very easy and cost effective.