Wonder of the Seas delayed?

49 minutes ago, Sharla said:

And said nothing about a delay! 

Lol. But it completely left out the mere mention of March or April departures from Florida and instead gave Florida departure dates in November.  I’m not claiming that there is going to be a delay.  I’m saying that one of these schedules is wrong.  Done with this.

8 minutes ago, Jkaczano said:

Hope for the best.  Plan for the worst.  I already sent @Sharla my request for a contingency plan if the March 18th sailing is cancelled. But I’m really hoping it isn’t.  

I left a panicked voicemail this afternoon for @Sharlaalso for options. This cruise has turned into a celebration of the end of cancer treatment for one in our group so we HAVE to be on a ship that week. Royal better come through with Wonder. 

11 minutes ago, Jill said:

I left a panicked voicemail this afternoon for @Sharlaalso for options. This cruise has turned into a celebration of the end of cancer treatment for one in our group so we HAVE to be on a ship that week. Royal better come through with Wonder. 

4 ships leaving Ft Lauderdale or Miami on either 3/19 or 3/20 (Odyssey, Allure, Oasis, and Symphony).  At least there’s options. It’s just that I got a really good price on our A2 Aquatheater suite on Wonder and don’t want to lose it. 

43 minutes ago, Jkaczano said:

4 ships leaving Ft Lauderdale or Miami on either 3/19 or 3/20 (Odyssey, Allure, Oasis, and Symphony).  At least there’s options. It’s just that I got a really good price on our A2 Aquatheater suite on Wonder and don’t want to lose it. 

Allure is an option. So is Harmony although I don’t like the itinerary. We’re in Florida so can drive to any port. We were on Symphony in October and have odyssey this coming October. Would rather not sail out of Miami (oasis) but will if we have too. Allure is my top pick at the moment if this rumor is true. 

1 hour ago, Jkaczano said:

On a side note, I've heard that Royal might be planning an Oasis class meetup since all 5 ships will be in the Caribbean.

After reading this I'm no longer concerned.

NEW SOUTHERN RESTAURANT AND BAR HEADLINES ROYAL CARIBBEAN’S CULINARY LINEUP ON WONDER OF THE SEAS

The Mason Jar Joins 20-plus Dining Experiences for the New Ship’s Debut in March 2022

MIAMI, Jan. 19, 2022 – Royal Caribbean International takes adventure tableside aboard the world’s newest wonder, Wonder of the Seas, unveiling a lineup of more than 20 dining venues headlined by the debut of The Mason Jar Southern Restaurant & Bar. On board the highly anticipated ship that sets sail in March 2022, families and travelers alike also have in store an unmatched variety of flavors that range from Italian classics at Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar to American sports bar favorites at Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade, to New England-inspired dishes at Hooked Seafood.

Where southern comfort food meets Royal Caribbean’s hospitality, The Mason Jar invites guests to share a meal, drinks and memories in a warm, casual setting. Every detail serves up southern charm in the new specialty restaurant, and setting the scene is farmhouse-style and rustic decor, live country music, even a cozy porch decked out with a swing for lounging and a great photo op, and a dedicated bar at the center of it all.

On the menu are southern staples and new twists on classics the whole family can enjoy for brunch, dinner and late-night bites, beginning with freshly baked buttermilk biscuits and jalapeno cornbread. Brunch favorites range from savory johnnycakes topped with barbeque pulled pork to the Sweet-Tooth Cinnamon Roll. At suppertime, highlights include fried green tomatoes, authentic southern fried chicken, crab beignets served with lump crab dip, and shrimp and grits. And for a sweet ending, there’s everything from traditional pies to spiked floats and shakes. Plus, keeping the good times rolling is a robust collection of more than a dozen American whiskeys and a lineup of southern libations, such as the classic mint julep dusted tableside with powdered sugar and the Mississippi Moonlight – made with blackberry moonshine, blackberries and lemonade, and served in a chilled mason jar. Whether at a table for family dinner or at the bar for a bite, a nightcap and live music, The Mason Jar will be a hotspot day and night.

The Mason Jar is just the beginning, with Wonder serving up a variety of restaurants, bars and lounges to choose from across eight signature neighborhoods. From Central Park to the all-new Suite Neighborhood – an Oasis Class first – more dining highlights on the upcoming ship include:

• The Vue The happiest of happy hours can be found at this new cantilevered bar. The Vue offers panoramic ocean views by day, and after sunset, it shines bright with a colorful mosaic canopy overhead.
  • Giovanni's Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar – It’s a family-style affair every day at Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar, the first on an Oasis Class ship. On the menu are freshly made, authentic staples, from hand-tossed pizzas to charcuterie boards and veal meatballs, to an extensive wine list, wine flights and cocktails, like an Aperol Spritz and Negroni.
  • Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade – This popular venue brings guests of all ages together to catch the big game across dozens of big-screen TVs, battle it out in friendly competition at the arcade, and munch on bar fare and ice-cold draft beers.
  • El Loco Fresh and Cantina Fresca – The grab-and-go spot for Mexican delights, like made-to-order tacos, burritos and quesadillas, now debuts a dedicated bar called Cantina Fresca that serves a selection of “aguas frescas,” margaritas and other Mexican staples.
  • The Lime & Coconut – This signature pool deck experience is at the center of the Caribbean vibes, with multiple poolside bars and live music.

Vacationers can also enjoy more options, such as Wonderland, Asian-inspired flavors at Izumi, American steakhouse Chops Grille, American seasonal dishes at 150 Central Park, Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, Sugar Beach, and more. Whatever the mood on any given day, Wonder introduces a culinary lineup that caters to guests and their varying palates. Throughout the ship, travelers can also complement their meal with a unique set of Caribbean-inspired drinks, bold and spirited classics, and even zero-proof cocktails as part of Royal Caribbean’s reimagined beverage menus.

Setting sail for the first time in March 2022, Wonder will call three marquee destinations home during its inaugural year: Fort Lauderdale, Florida (March-April); Barcelona, Spain, and Rome (April-October); and Port Canaveral, Florida (year-round, starting November). The new ship’s combination of firsts and favorites will bring to life adventures across thrills, dining, entertainment, technology and more as travelers sail to locales in the eastern and western Caribbean, including Royal Caribbean’s private island destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; and Cozumel, Mexico. In Europe, vacationers can head to the western Mediterranean and visit must-see places, such as Naples and Florence, Italy; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; and Provence, France.

For more details about Wonder, including sailings now open for bookings, visit Royal Caribbean’s website. 

About Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International has been delivering innovation at sea for more than 50 years. Each successive class of ships is an architectural marvel that features the latest technology and guest experiences for today’s adventurous traveler. The cruise line continues to revolutionize vacations with itineraries to 240 destinations in 61 countries on six continents, including Royal Caribbean’s private island destination in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, the first in the Perfect Day Island Collection. Royal Caribbean has also been voted “Best Cruise Line Overall” for 19 consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Readers Choice Awards.

Media can stay up to date by following @RoyalCaribPR on Twitter and visiting RoyalCaribbeanPressCenter.com. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers can call their travel advisor; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN.

1 hour ago, Flopper said:

Does anybody have a guess on what compensation would be if they cancelled these sailings?

Right now a delayed launch is nothing more than an unsubstantiated rumor. Every email that I'e received from Royal and all the information I've read on line still has Wonder launching in March. Unless anyone here has insider information that they can and are willing to share I'm not putting any stock into the rumor of a delay in Wonder's launch.

What in the world is going on? Royal really needs to address this issue. This link takes you to Allure transatlantic in April however you can’t book it. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/14-night-transatlantic-from-barcelona-on-allure/AL14FLL-2025876327?sail-date=2022-04-24&currency=USD&fbclid=IwAR357El0NRx-ZLbgqWk10wH4CZ_NcWAP5VC4jghUPr0lkUQ48JpBKlQ0rII

16 minutes ago, Jill said:

What in the world is going on? Royal really needs to address this issue. This link takes you to Allure transatlantic in April however you can’t book it. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/14-night-transatlantic-from-barcelona-on-allure/AL14FLL-2025876327?sail-date=2022-04-24&currency=USD&fbclid=IwAR357El0NRx-ZLbgqWk10wH4CZ_NcWAP5VC4jghUPr0lkUQ48JpBKlQ0rII

Well, that's odd considering Allure is going to be in Fort Lauderdale doing regular sailings in Apr and May.  To do a transatlantic like that at that time of year is highly suspect.  Also, Allure is leaving on Apr 30 (6 days after the TA cruise starts) from Fort Lauderdale.  So not even sure how you got that link.

10 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

They just posted this reply on their FB Page about a minute ago

image.png.cd41418477531c38279bbee384ef28e8.png

I posted too and got the same reply. The social media peeps always tow the company line. All through the shutdown they kept sticking to the current restart date then Royal would cancel and move the date out several months. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

My main goal in posting was hopefully raising some awareness that people are getting anxious and what Royal is putting out there is conflicting information between graphics, TA emails, press releases etc. 

The press release makes it pretty clear:

"Setting sail for the first time in March 2022, Wonder will call three marquee destinations home during its inaugural year: Fort Lauderdale, Florida (March-April); Barcelona, Spain, and Rome (April-October); and Port Canaveral, Florida (year-round, starting November)."

I don't know why everyone is having a hard time with this!!

1 hour ago, Mark_A said:

The press release makes it pretty clear:

"Setting sail for the first time in March 2022, Wonder will call three marquee destinations home during its inaugural year: Fort Lauderdale, Florida (March-April); Barcelona, Spain, and Rome (April-October); and Port Canaveral, Florida (year-round, starting November)."

I don't know why everyone is having a hard time with this!!

How long ago was this released?

6 minutes ago, Atricks said:

I’m thinking this is Royal doing damage control with the cancellation rumors.

Maybe the interns at their press center accidentally omitted the Spring sailings

25 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I’m thinking this is Royal doing damage control with the cancellation rumors.

Maybe the interns at their press center accidentally omitted the Spring sailings

They could have been focusing on advertising the future cruises because the Spring ones are already as booked as they want/need them to be.  Normally, it wouldn't matter that the earlier cruises aren't mentioned but between the pandemic and Wonder being a ship that hasn't sailed yet, it's easy for the internet to jump to conclusions.

A few years ago, if Royal announced "Oasis to sail Alaska in summer 2022", no one would assume that meant Oasis Spring 2022 cruises were cancelled.  Now we question everything!

1 hour ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Is anybody here on the MARCH 4 sailing?  That’s only 43 days from now ….. did your check-in open at 45 days like it’s supposed to?

1 hour ago, JC Pats said:

I'm on the 3/4 - i've heard via the rumor mill it's down to 30 days.. so.. we'll see.. 

I asked about this on Royal’s FB page

95423193-AEF3-4E6B-BFDD-8E0E537C78D7.jpeg.1a9ca712541ecb9b6cb79de65a907be6.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Every Royal Caribbean ship that I've covered in the life of this blog pre-Covid has

But none during/post covid have (Odyssey).  🤣😂

PS, I'm on the 3/4/22 sailing so I hope it's back to normal.  I was also on the 7/3/21 alleged sailing of Odyssey, which is where my "fear" comes from.

On 1/18/2022 at 4:36 PM, FF86 said:

It's a worldwide issue at this point, it's the global supply chain that is disrupted.  Just do a news search for any country and "supply chain issue" and you'll see.

I guess you missed perhaps my poor attempt at humor. Also, just thinking out loud here, Maybe RC has in fact anticipated this issue and moved WOTS to Marseille approximately 2 months ago and will remain for another 2 months. This quite possibly will give enough time for any issues in the supply chain. 

Ok here’s the latest I’ve found from WOTS Facebook group. It does sound very hopeful at the moment lol…..

My daughter quarantining on that beautiful ship as we speak 👍🏼😍
she’s a cast member that’s flown in from Australia to perform in the Aqua Theatre Show InTENse. Has been onboard for the last 8 days quarantining and doing zoom rehearsals until quarantine finished 😉Getting ready for when the big beauty sails! 👍🏼

——————————

And then this pic from Ready to Cruise who apparently is pretty reliable

AE8BE11C-DE96-44B4-8101-F4ABBDFF60FC.png