Wonder of the Seas delayed?

I was watching a cruise vlogger who is also a travel agent last night and she mentioned that there are rumors that Wonder will not be ready for her inaugural sailing and Spring cruises may be cancelled. We are booked on the March 25th sailing, so needless to say, we were not happy to hear this. Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of March/April cancellations for Wonder?

55 minutes ago, Cruise4TheSoul said:

I was watching a cruise vlogger who is also a travel agent last night and she mentioned that there are rumors that Wonder will not be ready for her inaugural sailing and Spring cruises may be cancelled. We are booked on the March 25th sailing, so needless to say, we were not happy to hear this. Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of March/April cancellations for Wonder?

I hope not!!  We’re also on the March 25 sailing!!!

15 hours ago, Cruise4TheSoul said:

Why would it be canceled? It's been delayed already and had plenty of time to get it finished.

On 1/17/2022 at 7:26 AM, Cruise4TheSoul said:

Who was the vlogger? Would be curious to have a listen and see what she had to say and why.

3 hours ago, Cruise4TheSoul said:

According to the vlogger, they are having difficulty getting materials needed to finish due to supply chain issues.

Could you please link this video I'd like to see this. My TA hasn't heard anything of this. Why would only this TA know this?

It's just a rumor at this point. We really need to hear it from Royal Caribbean directly. They should announce something in the coming weeks if it is true. It would be a big bummer for sure since I know so many people are looking forward to this one. If it happens, that would royally be painful but I will just book another cruise.

1 hour ago, Cruising With JT said:

It's just a rumor at this point. We really need to hear it from Royal Caribbean directly. They should announce something in the coming weeks if it is true. It would be a big bummer for sure since I know so many people are looking forward to this one. If it happens, that would royally be painful but I will just book another cruise.

It’s like Odyssey 2.0 😞 or was that 3.0? 

6 hours ago, GKMCruising said:

I could believe this, but also, I feel like anything missing at this point would be solely cosmetic and not worth delaying the launch for.

My worry is they might be thinking it’s not “cost effective” to bring Wonder here for 6 weeks of cruises at 50% or less capacity and then bring it right back to Europe ….. they might be thinking it’s more profitable to just leave it there until the European season starts.

The only construction delay video I found was dated July of 2020. It would be interesting to know if the OP would let this site know the specific YouTube that referenced this rumor so we could actually check it out for ourselves.

It wouldn't be the first time that somebody heard something on the Internet from somebody else who heard something from another "source" who says something happened...jest sayin'. 😉 

22 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Looks like Wonder will get the Mason Jar for sure.  Just got a marketing email.

image.png.6cbe6be201e05be8a05213c2c905bd58.png

The email also makes no mention of it coming here first.  it specifically says " Embark on an awesome Euro tour in summer 2022, or sail from Florida's Space Coast on an out-of-this-world adventure in November 2022. "  I think that may be a clear indication that they aren't bringing it over for the two months.

Got this email about Wonder in the past few minutes (And we're booked on the March 11th Wonder sailing)  There is also no mention of March/April here.  I think the vlogger the original posted mentioned is Parodeejay from their last live stream.

BIGGER, BOLDER MEMORY MAKING

The new Wonder of the SeasSM is going to change the way you play — big
time. With larger-than-life adventures like the slideable, climbable
Wonder PlayscapeSM and an undersea-themed mini-golf course. Meals at
PlaymakersSM Sports Bar & Arcade that are always a winner. Plus a new
Cantina Fresca bar for mom and dad at El Loco Fresh®. And make it the best
stay ever in the biggest, boldest Ultimate Family Suite yet. Embark on an
epic Euro tour in summer 2022 or launch into the tropics from Florida’s
Space Coast beginning November 2022. Only on Royal Caribbean®.

@Matt, I'm with you on the rumors going around early this week about 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Sorry, but this is all just speculation. 

Just because it's on the internet, doesn't mean it's true.

I'm all for juicy rumors, but there's nothing substantive to point to and say this could mean something.

I'm with you on this BUT... the lack of mentions about the March sailing in the email some have been getting is giving me pause.

1 hour ago, Atricks said:

Got this email about Wonder in the past few minutes (And we're booked on the March 11th Wonder sailing)  There is also no mention of March/April here.  I think the vlogger the original posted mentioned is Parodeejay from their last live stream.

BIGGER, BOLDER MEMORY MAKING

The new Wonder of the SeasSM is going to change the way you play — big
time. With larger-than-life adventures like the slideable, climbable
Wonder PlayscapeSM and an undersea-themed mini-golf course. Meals at
PlaymakersSM Sports Bar & Arcade that are always a winner. Plus a new
Cantina Fresca bar for mom and dad at El Loco Fresh®. And make it the best
stay ever in the biggest, boldest Ultimate Family Suite yet. Embark on an
epic Euro tour in summer 2022 or launch into the tropics from Florida’s
Space Coast beginning November 2022. Only on Royal Caribbean®.

Interesting that they didn't mention the sailings that are still for sale in March/April and skip right to November.  Not that it means anything, just interesting.

49 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Right now on the Royal Website ….. 

The new Wonder of the Seas℠ explores postcard-perfect Caribbean shores starting March 2022 — then kicks off the most epic Europe season ever.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/wonder-of-the-seas

I'm holding on to this... until Royal officially says otherwise

A hopeful reply from a Facebook group: 

I saw it too on Parodeejay and it really bothered me because she admitted it was just a rumor. I found it totally unprofessional for a travel agent to pass on rumors. 
I watched Matt from Royal Caribbean cruise vlog and someone brought up this very question.  He hadn’t heard anything about the ship being delayed and chalked it up to rumors.
I have followed the buildout of Wonder from someone who worked on her and I know her shakedown cruise is complete and she left to get her final appearance completed. I saw videos of the promenade with the carpenters adding the finishing touches. I can see no reason why she would be delayed at this point.