Question about C&A Diamond

12thman

"Up to"  are key words.

It will be applied automatically when using your CAS number during a close in booking.  It often isn't combinable with all other discounts like age or state of residence or NextCruise OBC if you are on board booking a close in sailing at NextCruise.

Over the years I've stopped paying attention to the various marketing names of promotions and just look at the price.  I plug in my details, age, name, CAS #, state, etc. and if I see a nice price for a close in sailing I book it.  

In the past the close in sailing promo was called "Going, Going, Gone" but I haven't seen that used lately.  I called this the GGG rate.  

So yeah, close in deals are real but you can't assume all discounts stack on top of each other.  Sometimes GGG was better than CAS so I didn't get hung up on the stacking and just enjoyed a good deal when I got one.  

@twangsterthanks. I didn't think every sailing would get this discount. I just tell my TA what I want and she gives me the price. I've asked her about using my C&A discount but I'm so low on the totem pole it doesn't amount to much, more for future reference, hoping to be there by this summer.

5 minutes ago, 12thman said:

@twangsterthanks. I didn't think every sailing would get this discount. I just tell my TA what I want and she gives me the price. I've asked her about using my C&A discount but I'm so low on the totem pole it doesn't amount to much, more for future reference, hoping to be there by this summer.

Close in deals and CAS specific deals vary.  Sometimes only interior or OV cabins get them, sometimes balcony and suites do as well.  It varies by ship and by sail date.  I've seen a great rate on a cruise but the B2B rate on the next cruise wasn't attractive but the one after that was.   Deals are out there but sometimes you have to hunt and peck for them.  If you are okay with interior cabins you'll find many more close in deals.  

49 minutes ago, twangster said:

If you are okay with interior cabins you'll find many more close in deals.  

That's because those interior cabins are the ones not getting sold at higher prices - Royal wants to add the passenger as some money for the stateroom is better than an empty stateroom and most of us spend additional money once onboard.

57 minutes ago, twangster said:

Close in deals and CAS specific deals vary.  Sometimes only interior or OV cabins get them, sometimes balcony and suites do as well.  It varies by ship and by sail date.  I've seen a great rate on a cruise but the B2B rate on the next cruise wasn't attractive but the one after that was.   Deals are out there but sometimes you have to hunt and peck for them.  If you are okay with interior cabins you'll find many more close in deals.  

Hmm. Don't think I'll be getting those as we only book suites because of limited vacation time, want to make the most of each.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

If you are okay with interior cabins you'll find many more close in deals.  

This is how we are going to get the extra point to hit Diamond before our Europe cruise in 2023.

Random close-in window shopping has occasionally shown Interior Guarantees at <$50 per person per day...after taxes and fees.  If our choice is cruise or no cruise, we'll take the Interior.

Sometimes better cabins are available.  We almost booked a 5 night on Adventure for next month for a grand total of $531.34 for an Oceanview Balcony on Adventure, but the time conflicted with someone else's planned vacation at my wife's job.