Future Cruise Credit (FCC) - how to transfer to another cruiser

KJ1231

I have $1,750 in FCC that I will not be able to use. I am not, and will not get, vaccinated. My wife and daughter are headed to Europe in July on Vision of the Seas. Has anyone been successful in transferring their FCC to a spouse?

My two sons have $250 each that I paid for that I'd like to give my daughter for that same cruise as they won't be able to use it.

I paid for all these - why do I have to jump through all these hoops to use MY money....

Bad enough my one son is losing $750 in airline (American) credit because his schedule hasn't allowed him to take a vacation....

1 hour ago, Templecruiser said:

I don’t believe these can be transferred. They need to be used by original name on credit.

Understood. I'm hoping someone was able to get around this rule since they changed the rules for cruising AFTER they issued the FCC. I'd be happier to get the cash back....

• KJ1231 changed the title to Future Cruise Credit (FCC) - how to transfer to another cruiser

I made a booking on Friday & was told this is possible.

Our original booking was for myself, my wife & my son. My son has now decided not to come with us so it's just the 2 of us.

I was told I just need to get my son to email Royal Caribbean giving authorisation to transfer his credit either onto our new booking or as a future credit for me or my wife.

I don't know if this is a UK policy only though. The email address I was given was the general UK customer service email.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

I believe they are making exceptions with authorization from the FCC holder. You definitely have to call Royal and speak to a more advanced rep who can help you or get a knowledgeable TA. 

I wonder:

1) Could our US based MEI TA do this?

2) What if Cruiser in question was a minor, e.g., unable to enforce a contract?

I'm just going off what other people have reported on various social media sites and messageboards, so take it for whatever it is worth. Effectively it was said the owner of the FCC got on the phone with Royal and authorize it to be applied to a sailing in someone else's name. I don't know how the minor children FCCs are handled but I thought they were letting the parents use them. Best thing to do if you have a TA is to ask them.

1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

I wonder:

1) Could our US based MEI TA do this?

I had asked @michelle and she said that I would have to call. I'm hoping they allow me to speak for my sons on the same call otherwise I'll have to call 3 times but it will be worth $2,200+ and my wife and daughter basically do Western Med cruise this summer without much additional cash outlay.

Interestingly, RC will introduce a contract to a minor and expect it to remain enforce it when a person under the age of consent has their cruise cancelled by the adult that purchased the faire. Namely, RC "refunds" the fare as FCC in the name of each cruiser, even to people (children) who are not old enough to enforce a contract (as opposed to the individual who paid for the fare). It is curious to me how Royal can do this. Even where the ship is registered, there are laws regarding the age of contractual consent.

Here is my experience with transferring two FCCs in the past year.  We paid for my parents to sail in the Villa Suite with us and this sailing was cancelled in December 2020 due to covid.  They issued FCCs back in my parents name for their share of the deposit even though I paid with my credit card.  At first we just assumed that we were out the $500 because my parents don't plan to cruise again until 2023 at the earliest. 

My TA did some digging and she told me to get my parents to send an email to guest relations (Royalguestrelations@rccl.com) stating that they are requesting that their FCCs be transferred to me, their daughter.  Email was sent and I received the FCCs back in my name in about two weeks.  It went smoothly.  The hardest part was explaining to my parents what to write.  Because the FCC was in their name, they had to request the change.

14 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Here is my experience with transferring two FCCs in the past year.  We paid for my parents to sail in the Villa Suite with us and this sailing was cancelled in December 2020 due to covid.  They issued FCCs back in my parents name for their share of the deposit even though I paid with my credit card.  At first we just assumed that we were out the $500 because my parents don't plan to cruise again until 2023 at the earliest. 

My TA did some digging and she told me to get my parents to send an email to guest relations (Royalguestrelations@rccl.com) stating that they are requesting that their FCCs be transferred to me, their daughter.  Email was sent and I received the FCCs back in my name in about two weeks.  It went smoothly.  The hardest part was explaining to my parents what to write.  Because the FCC was in their name, they had to request the change.

That’s exactly what happened to me and what we did.  My mom will not be going on a cruise again as she is older and doesn’t want to, so my TA told us to email and once my mom wrote her email, the FCC was issued back in my name in a couple of weeks.  We were very happy that worked out and we didn’t lose our money. 
This was for our March 2020 cancelled cruise and we were able to apply it for two upcoming cruises. 

I sent an email last night and received a response this morning. I sent the following email to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com:

Hello,

My name is Kenneth Johnston, date of birth mm/dd/yyyy and Crown and Anchor Number xxxxxx.

I have two Future Cruise Certificates that I would like to transfer to family members:

1-xxxxxxxx in the amount of $1,486

1-xxxxxxxx in the amount of $250

I would like to transfer these to my daughter, her name (DOB mm/dd/yyyy; Crown and Anchor number xxxxxxxxx). She is going on a cruise with my wife, wife's name (DOB mm/dd/yyyyyy; Crown and Anchor Number xxxxxxxxx) and I would like the FCC to be sharable between the two of them. Reservation number for Susan and Megan is xxxxxx.

Thanks!

Ken Johnston

Here is the reply I received:

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your time. My name is Cat and I will be happy to help you today.

Thank you for much for taking time to send us your consent to allow for your daughter Megan Illg and your wife to be able to utilize
 1-xxxxxxx and 1-xxxxxxx on their upcoming cruise res number. While we are unable to physically change the name on the certificates, 
I have notated each certificate with your direct consent to allow for advised guest to be able to use them. For security reasons, 
we are unable to make changes on a booking with anyone other than the Travel Advisor, if listed on the booking, or directly with the
 guests booked on that cruise. We kindly ask that they reach out to us or their possible advisor for assistance with application of 
the certificates.

Thank you for considering Royal Caribbean International. It is my hope that we can welcome you back onboard with us in the future.

Sincerely,

THANKS AGAIN @michelle!!!!

8 hours ago, KJ1231 said:

I sent an email last night and received a response this morning. I sent the following email to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com:

Hello,

My name is Kenneth Johnston, date of birth mm/dd/yyyy and Crown and Anchor Number xxxxxx.

I have two Future Cruise Certificates that I would like to transfer to family members:

1-xxxxxxxx in the amount of $1,486

1-xxxxxxxx in the amount of $250

I would like to transfer these to my daughter, her name (DOB mm/dd/yyyy; Crown and Anchor number xxxxxxxxx). She is going on a cruise with my wife, wife's name (DOB mm/dd/yyyyyy; Crown and Anchor Number xxxxxxxxx) and I would like the FCC to be sharable between the two of them. Reservation number for Susan and Megan is xxxxxx.

Thanks!

Ken Johnston

Here is the reply I received:

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your time. My name is Cat and I will be happy to help you today.

Thank you for much for taking time to send us your consent to allow for your daughter Megan Illg and your wife to be able to utilize
 1-xxxxxxx and 1-xxxxxxx on their upcoming cruise res number. While we are unable to physically change the name on the certificates, 
I have notated each certificate with your direct consent to allow for advised guest to be able to use them. For security reasons, 
we are unable to make changes on a booking with anyone other than the Travel Advisor, if listed on the booking, or directly with the
 guests booked on that cruise. We kindly ask that they reach out to us or their possible advisor for assistance with application of 
the certificates.

Thank you for considering Royal Caribbean International. It is my hope that we can welcome you back onboard with us in the future.

Sincerely,

THANKS AGAIN @michelle!!!!

Glad they answered so quickly  - they are trying to be better about allowing you to transfer FCCs at least