One point short of Diamond.

Eggbert

59 minutes ago, MuttMutt said:

Not that I know of. You could do a two night cruise and get your bump to the next level. An interior room to CoCo Cay is 100 per person plus fees. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/2-night-perfect-day-getaway-from-miami-on-freedom/FR02MIA-3988927779?sail-date=2022-12-05&currency=USD&country=USA&dates_maxDate=02%2F28%2F2022&dates_minDate=01%2F01%2F2022 

We live in Canada so travel to port is expensive. That is why we tend to do longer cruises. I figured that was the answer. Thanks for responding.

3 hours ago, Eggbert said:

My last cruise took me to 79 points, one short of Diamond. Is there any way to coerce an extra point out of Royal so I don't have to wait until my second cruise to move up?

I'm at 78 so I understand - so close, yet so far away.  I'm only 57 days until my next cruise and 137 away from my 1st "diamond" cruise.

I officially turned diamond on my last sailing after night one, the loyalty desk stood firm I was not to be awarded diamond until stepping off the ship...I just stared longingly outside the diamond lounge, lol. It was an 8 night sailing too, just torture me why don't you?  

4 hours ago, Eggbert said:

My last cruise took me to 79 points, one short of Diamond. Is there any way to coerce an extra point out of Royal so I don't have to wait until my second cruise to move up?

43 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I officially turned diamond on my last sailing after night one, the loyalty desk stood firm I was not to be awarded diamond until stepping off the ship...I just stared longingly outside the diamond lounge, lol. It was an 8 night sailing too, just torture me why don't you?  

I feel your pain.  I was at 73 points before the pandemic hit.  I was supposed to turn Diamond after the March 2020 sailing on the Grandeur (supposedly its farewell sailing), but I had to wait 18 months to finally turn Diamond on the second day of a 7-night sailing on the Allure.  All I could  "coerce" the Loyalty Ambassador to do was give me the Diamond pin.  I told her I wanted to have in on my cap at embarkation for my next sailing.

13 minutes ago, teddy said:

We’ll be at 79 after our cruise in August 2022.  We are seriously considering a short itinerary to hit 80 before our bucket list cruise in 2023. 

That what I did. We booked a 8 day for march on Odyssey back in Sep., but was 9 points shy. So we found a cheap 6 day in Nov with double points got us to Diamond. So our 8 day, we will have all the perks.

13 hours ago, Eggbert said:

We live in Canada so travel to port is expensive. That is why we tend to do longer cruises. I figured that was the answer. Thanks for responding.

‘if you can possibly squeeze in a 2 or 3 night cheap cruise just before your next cruise ….. when you get on your next already schedules long cruise, even though those 2 or 3 points won’t be officially showing yet …..because you already completed and got off the cruise you earned them on …..  if you go to the Crown and Anchor desk on the next cruise ….. they can get you bumped up to Diamond for that cruise.

That’s about the only way to get there by your planned long cruise.

4 hours ago, teddy said:

We’ll be at 79 after our cruise in August 2022.  We are seriously considering a short itinerary to hit 80 before our bucket list cruise in 2023. 

We will hit 81 on our Dec 2022 cruise. We are 5 away from Platinum now and after our Oasis cruise in 13 days we will be only 2 away from Emerald.

Wow, I hadn't even considered the "stepping off the ship" aspect...

My wife and I scheduled a 3/4 night B2B in March. We're currently at 46 points and we booked into a Grand Suite (lift and shifted in 2020 and again in 2021). We will get the double points, so if I'd done my math correctly (46 + 12 = 58, after the 3 night), we should move from Platinum to Emerald in between the B2Bs. Probably not a lot of gained benefits, except the lapel pin, but worth noting. I had it in my head that we would make Emerald at the end of the second cruise. RC sees it as two cruises, but it'll feel like one 7-night cruise to me...

17 hours ago, Eggbert said:

We live in Canada so travel to port is expensive.

No way to squeeze in a 2 or 3 night prior to your longer cruise, S2S style?

I understand RC not giving the next level during the cruise, but you'll barely be settled into your cabin on the first night to get that 1 point... They should make an exception when you move up a level on the first night of a 7-day or longer cruise... lol.

20 hours ago, Eggbert said:

Same thing happened to me.  I chose to book a quick 3-night with a friend for a Mom's Get-A-Way.  🙂  Win win all around!  My family will benefit from my Diamond status.  I figured one of us should take the hit and why not me?

On 1/16/2022 at 10:02 PM, Neesa said:

That’s too bad…We are doing a B2B on Symphony in April/May and will technically move up to Diamond between sailings. Now, Reservations said although it normally takes 7 or so days to update status, if you speak to the Loyalty Manager on the 1st leg, they should update you no problem. Wanting a 2nd opinion, I called the Crown & Anchor Desk. Now, they said that the updated status is really at the Loyalty Desk’s “discretion” so no guarantees. And even if you are recognized as Diamond, because of Covid protocols, you may not be allowed access to the Diamond Lounge. Well, where’s the fun in that?? We were trying to save on the Beverage Package for the 2nd leg and would just make do with the DC vouchers, but with no guarantees, we just went ahead with the Bev Pkg. We’ll see what happens!!

8 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

That’s too bad…We are doing a B2B on Symphony in April/May and will technically move up to Diamond between sailings. Now, Reservations said although it normally takes 7 or so days to update status, if you speak to the Loyalty Manager on the 1st leg, they should update you no problem. Wanting a 2nd opinion, I called the Crown & Anchor Desk. Now, they said that the updated status is really at the Loyalty Desk’s “discretion” so no guarantees. And even if you are recognized as Diamond, because of Covid protocols, you may not be allowed access to the Diamond Lounge. Well, where’s the fun in that?? We were trying to save on the Beverage Package for the 2nd leg and would just make do with the DC vouchers, but with no guarantees, we just went ahead with the Bev Pkg. We’ll see what happens!!

I believe the second leg of your B2B would be honored, when you step off #1 you have completed the criteria, it just takes a week to post. Don't let them deter you, kindly march up to that C & A desk and get your recognition, you have earned it. Good Luck, please let us know. 

• 2 weeks later...

We are lucking out I guess. We make Diamond plus at the end of our Anthem cruise in 2 weeks. Hubby gets to enjoy the perks before me as he is taking our daughter on her last spring break cruise in March. I won't get to enjoy it until August. 

Not sure Pinnacle is in the cards for us, but I am sure gonna try!

I did a S2S2S and was able to jump all my tiers. I made diamond halfway through my Jan 16-23rd Harmony cruise. When I got on my Jan 24th Mariner, they gave me a new card after boarding that said diamond....and even clapped and congratulated me on reaching that status. I was able to get into the diamond lounge and watch sail away from there. Although YMMV, I also think it depends on how you ask, most C&A loyalty ambassadors are willing to help.

The sucky part is if I was really thinking I could have booked more cruises and made D+ with the double points promotion. I have little hope of making pinnacle within the next 10 years but D+ would have been reachable soonish.  As of now I won't get D+ until late 2023...maybe.

25 minutes ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

I'm in that same boat. After my cruise in Sept I will be one short as well. I think a nice 3 day weekend getaway in October will in order. Maybe we can convince Royal to bring back the double points for the rest of this year. 🤣

Same here!  After our Harmony cruise in July we will be 1 point shy of Diamond.  We will be cruising on the Jewel in August so we will for sure be Diamond after that 12 night double point cruise. 

26 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

Same here!  After our Harmony cruise in July we will be 1 point shy of Diamond.  We will be cruising on the Jewel in August so we will for sure be Diamond after that 12 night double point cruise. 

I just remembered that the cruise in September was booked before the double points stopped, so we will get 14 points on that cruise putting us at 86!

1 hour ago, Chuck586 said:

It can't be the couple of free drink vouchers that makes everyone eager to be Diamond, there must be some crazy stuff going on in that Diamond Lounge!!  🙈

In my opinion the Diamond lounge is the least of the perks. But the drinks are the only worthy perk, that's basically a $60 a day perk. Free photo, priority boarding, discounts and etc. 

5 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

In my opinion the Diamond lounge is the least of the perks.

agree 100%.  it took so long to get there, but when I finally got to taste that forbidden fruit, I realized that most of the time, the lounge is only good for sitting around and looking at other diamonds.  

it's nice having the concierge there for questions, but depending on the sailing the lounge is usually packed during the nightly event so running in and grabbing your hors d'oeuvre and drink loses appeal if you can't find a seat.  if the drink is free anyways you might as well get it anywhere.

likewise, the priority check-in is nearly worthless now.  I havent seen a diamond-dedicated check in line at Miami, Tampa or Los Angeles since I re-started cruising in September.  there's usually a separate line for "Pinnacle / Suites" and that's it.  but even this seems moot with the adherence to strict check-in times at the pier.  I check in on the app and am always shepherded right along in the process until I'm onboard.  so it's quick, but doesn't feel very "elite." 

personally I enjoy the balcony discount if you like to book direct, but its really about the free drinks for me.