Odyssey of the Seas itinerary

I think @twangster is on the current 8-day sailing and I'm sure he'll report, however what happens on one sailing probably has little to do with another.   From what I understand, it has more to do with the on-board covid numbers the ship reports to the port, then the port decides if they will allow docking.  Aruba and Curacao have allowed some ships to dock and not others.  I will be on the 8-day sailing on the 29th.

13 hours ago, rjac said:

You're than Man! How full is the ship? 100% or less? Please keep us informed and thanks!

Reports of 1,634 on board and it feels lightly loaded.  

No lines at bumper cars so we stayed on for two sessions although they did let a new driver join us mid-session (yes they made us all stop first 🙂 ). 

Later I, along with three teenage girls, defeated the Kraken in Zone Zero: Swashbucklers (virtual reality experience).  Apparently they enjoyed it so much they almost peed their pants.  TMI.   

On 1/16/2022 at 10:20 AM, IslandTeddyBear said:

Anyone have an update on the itinerary of the Odyssey? Last we heard, Aruba & Curaçao had denied entry to their ports due to COVID. We can’t possibly go on an 8 day cruise on Feb 12th with no ports?

Aruba and Curacao have not closed their countries to all ships, they reacted to select ships early on when Omicron was first impacting cruise ships in a significant way.

Now that cruise ships have adapted I suspect we'll see fewer ships being turned away.  As Omicron continues to fall off that will also improve the results.  

2 hours ago, WAYNO said:

Odyssey, Feb 26th, 8-day...

Originally, Aruba, Curacao, Grand Cayman. 

Grand Cayman was then cancelled and replaced with Nassau. 

Today, Jan 28th, we were notified that Nassau is now cancelled and replaced with Perfect Day.🏊‍♂️

Wow! I'm so jealous! As of this moment, we're stuck with Nassau for 2/12 sailing. Staying on the ship... just went there yet again last OCT.

Have a great time!

4 hours ago, WAYNO said:

Today, Jan 28th, we were notified that Nassau is now cancelled and replaced with Perfect Day.

I'm on the same cruise and was notified about the change in the itinerary with no explanation. Been to Nassau a couple of times, looking forward to Coco Cay, but I would like to no why the change to the itinerary. Haven't seen anything online either. 😎

15 minutes ago, rjac said:

I'm on the same cruise and was notified about the change in the itinerary with no explanation. Been to Nassau a couple of times, looking forward to Coco Cay, but I would like to no why the change to the itinerary. Haven't seen anything online either. 😎

CocoCay is theirs.  Nassau isn't.  Guests spend money during port stops.  Much better to have that money stay with Royal at CocoCay.