Winter Cruise - what to wear to dinner?

at52299

Thanks so much but I do have another question related to this.   Are winter outfits or summer outfits better for the main dining room this time of year?   Hate the thought of wearing winter outfits while in the Bahamas but then again, it's late January / early February.   Thanks so much for everyone's help!!

1 hour ago, at52299 said:

Thanks so much but I do have another question related to this.   Are winter outfits or summer outfits better for the main dining room this time of year?   Hate the thought of wearing winter outfits while in the Bahamas but then again, it's late January / early February.   Thanks so much for everyone's help!!

The dining room temperature doesn't change with the weather.  

5 hours ago, at52299 said:

Subjective.  
I am always warm, I wear a tank top in NY winters layered with a very light sweater and a light coat.  Half the time I rip off the light coat.
On a cruise ship I am content in a tank top and notice that some people wear a light sweater in the main dining room-on my winter sailings as well as in the middle of the summer sailings.  I don't feel the need to rip off the tank top (LOL) so it must be comfortable in the main dining room for the average person.

I will say I felt my cabin was very cold on my Anthem sailing out of NY in November.  I told the steward to keep the drapes closed and once we hit Florida it was fine.  I do believe there was some sort of draft at the slider.

I did not see anyone in winter clothes in the main dining room last week.  There was one young lady that wore a "bathing suit type top" and the dining staff tried to get her to leave and change.....I think staff lost that one.