Which one way cruise is better for Alaska - June 10

ChrisK2793

The ports look to be the same, so now you’re really comparing cruise lines, cruise cost, cruise line perks, and the cost to get to/from embarkation/disembarkation ports. I wouldn’t say one cruise was better than the other since their just reversed options.  In my opinion you’re going to need a spreadsheet to layout all the options and costs and the benefits of each including rewards programs.  Maybe you’re close on one program to move over to the next level and then get matching benefits.  There’s a lot to consider here.

19 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

The ports look to be the same, so now you’re really comparing cruise lines, cruise cost, cruise line perks, and the cost to get to/from embarkation/disembarkation ports. I wouldn’t say one cruise was better than the other since their just reversed options.  In my opinion you’re going to need a spreadsheet to layout all the options and costs and the benefits of each including rewards programs.  Maybe you’re close on one program to move over to the next level and then get matching benefits.  There’s a lot to consider here.

We’re Diamond Plus after our cruise in a couple weeks …… so points don’t matter to us anymore.  I’m more thinking which ship would be better and mainly nicer ……… it will be 6 adults and 5 kids between 10yo and 16yo going on the cruise.

We’ve also never been on Celebrity before 

On 1/15/2022 at 4:02 PM, ChrisK2793 said:

We’re Diamond Plus after our cruise in a couple weeks …… so points don’t matter to us anymore.  I’m more thinking which ship would be better and mainly nicer ……… it will be 6 adults and 5 kids between 10yo and 16yo going on the cruise.

We’ve also never been on Celebrity before 

I like both and you will already have elite status on celebrity if you are diamond or diamond plus on RCL.  I like some of the perks on celebrity like the always included drink package.  For kids and teens, Ovation probably has more things to do.   Save the northbound or southbound trip for when you can go to Denali national park and Anchorage before or after the cruise.  There are so many great wildlife things there!! 

Millennium is a small ship, but nice for Alaska views!