Refund Timeline?

BriMoore

We had to cancel our February cruise(Found out my mom has cancer and just can't leave the country now). I called to cancel before Final Payment date and they told me 7-10 business days for refund. We are at 10 business days and still no refund. Anyone know how long it has been taking to get your money back? Also, is it normal not to get any kind of cancellation email confirmation? Thanks!

18 minutes ago, BriMoore said:

We had to cancel our February cruise(Found out my mom has cancer and just can't leave the country now). I called to cancel before Final Payment date and they told me 7-10 business days for refund. We are at 10 business days and still no refund. Anyone know how long it has been taking to get your money back? Also, is it normal not to get any kind of cancellation email confirmation? Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your family medical issue. 

Most refunds have taken 35 to 40 days, I’d give it at least a month and then start nagging them.  I’ve only worded with a travel agent so I’m not sure of how it is to work direct,y with Royal, I’d highly recommend using a travel agent in the future for all travels.  I like the personal control, but the convenience of a TA is amazing.

Incase anyone is wondering. I called and cancelled my cruise on 1/4 (4 Days before Final payment). I called again on 1/18 and they said accounting had processed my refund on 1/17. but did say it could take 30-45 days. I just saw the refund on my credit card today 1/21. If I could do it again, I would have gone back and cancelled all my excursions, drinks and WiFi package before calling to cancel the cruise. I think I could have possibly gotten that money sooner.