CDC CSO guidelines

Diane LW

With the CSO expiration today, does anyone know the capacity % for RCL's ships?  We are booked to sail the Allure in February.  Trying to decide whether to pay the final payment or to cancel and rebook a cruise in April.  I've read articles about poor treatment of guests who have tested positive, but am hopeful this is "fake news".

With the CSO expiration today, does anyone know the capacity % for RCL's ships?  We are booked to sail the Allure in February.  Trying to decide whether to pay the final payment or to cancel and rebook a cruise in April.  I've read articles about poor treatment of guests who have tested positive, but am hopeful this is "fake news".

There is no way to know for sure until the ship actually sails as positive test, cancellations etc. can change the number. Currently most ships are sailing under 50% it seems, but that is due to the variant. In Feb things may be a little different. I would say expect between 40-70%

20 hours ago, Diane LW said:

If you test positive once onboard, you will be isolated in a new cabin in an area separated from other cabin.  I wouldn't call this poor treatment although, I wouldn't want it to happen to me either.  This will happen whether you cruise in February or April.

@wordell1  The articles that I read were saying that they quality and food "served" while during isolation was poor.  One specifically said they were fed only rice.  But I know media skews EVERYTHING!  I'm not too worried about it, but was hoping to hear from people on this blog that actually had to quarantine during their cruise.

On 1/15/2022 at 12:24 PM, Diane LW said:

I've read articles about poor treatment of guests who have tested positive, but am hopeful this is "fake news"

The media looks for the most upset person possible and uses that as their lead.

Here's a good look of what happens when you're quarantined: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/01/07/i-felt-extremely-well-supported-passenger-shares-what-happens-after-testing-positive