Double Points Promotion

tonyfsu21

I had to call C&A three times because the promotion wasn’t applied to three of my cruises and each time they fixed it. Eventually the system caught up, because for my other cruises it was applied properly. The points for my New Years Eve cruise on the Anthem just posted yesterday and they were not double. So, I called again! Turns out it was my mistake as I had booked that cruise while I was on the Oasis on October 2nd. Two days after the promotion! Oh, well…I can be wrong…once.🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

Yes, that’s true

A workaround I’ve been reading about is to contact C&A for a C&A Number. Not sure how it works, if it even works at all.

It works.  Never sailed RC but applied online for C&A number and added to reservation for our Sept cruise. Emailed C&A and had them issue numbers for kids and also added them to reservation.  Somehow missed adding number for DH.   Got double points for me and kids.  Knew enough not to call about DH’s points. 

On 1/15/2022 at 8:48 AM, tonyfsu21 said:

For a 12/26/21 sailing should we have received the 2X points promotion? I just checked my points balance and it looks like the promotion was not applied. Thanks

I went on 2 cruises  (B2B) in December.  My double points were applied correctly within 2 weeks of the cruise. We were in a suite so rec'd 4X points.

Was at gold level before my B2B over Halloween, my girlfriend had never sailed with RCCL before so had no C&A status.  First 7 night run I received 14 points she received 7, 2nd 7 night run we both received 14 points.  I kicked into the platinum level and she is 21 points into gold.  

End of next month I get another 10 points on a 5 night sailing with my girlfriends son.  He has zero and actually until he moved to Oklahoma had only rarely been out of southwest Pennsylvania so it's going to be a major treat for him.

9 hours ago, MuttMutt said:

Was at gold level before my B2B over Halloween, my girlfriend had never sailed with RCCL before so had no C&A status.  First 7 night run I received 14 points she received 7, 2nd 7 night run we both received 14 points.  I kicked into the platinum level and she is 21 points into gold.  

End of next month I get another 10 points on a 5 night sailing with my girlfriends son.  He has zero and actually until he moved to Oklahoma had only rarely been out of southwest Pennsylvania so it's going to be a major treat for him.

Make sure your GF's son is attached to her account so he gets the benefit of her "parent points" (if he is under 18). Get that association set up before the cruise - might get him double points of his own.

13 hours ago, Jkaczano said:

It works.  Never sailed RC but applied online for C&A number and added to reservation for our Sept cruise. Emailed C&A and had them issue numbers for kids and also added them to reservation.  Somehow missed adding number for DH.   Got double points for me and kids.  Knew enough not to call about DH’s points. 

How did you accomplish this?  RC is adamant that they won't double our points.   I have emailed and also called in.  Seems they are picking and choosing to do this for.

18 minutes ago, peytonhead said:

How did you accomplish this?  RC is adamant that they won't double our points.   I have emailed and also called in.  Seems they are picking and choosing to do this for.

They’re not picking and choosing. Everyone who contacts them is told no.  I accomplished it by setting up C&A numbers for the family and adding the numbers to the reservation before sailing.  The system automatically doubled the points that the kids and I earned.  I thought I added my husband’s new number correctly but somehow my husband’s points didn’t double.  I assume I screwed up somehow.  I know not to contact C&A because I know they won’t fix his and, worst case, they “correct” mine.   

10 minutes ago, peytonhead said:

Have you sailed already?  If you have sailed already and you have not enrolled in C&A Society before the cruise, then they will not double your points.

If you have not sailed yet, I suggest you at least enroll in C&A.  Maybe the system will take care of your double points.

3 hours ago, Jkaczano said:

They’re not picking and choosing. Everyone who contacts them is told no.  I accomplished it by setting up C&A numbers for the family and adding the numbers to the reservation before sailing.  The system automatically doubled the points that the kids and I earned.  I thought I added my husband’s new number correctly but somehow my husband’s points didn’t double.  I assume I screwed up somehow.  I know not to contact C&A because I know they won’t fix his and, worst case, they “correct” mine.   

Your husband will automatically be at whatever level you attain (or vice versa-whoever hits a level first).  My husband is now Diamond Plus despite his points level being lower than that (I've done a lot of solo sailing).  The only time it will impact him is if I pass away  or divorce him, he will maintain Diamond Plus status but he will need to accrue his points to get to those point based rewards within the Diamond Plus status or to Pinnacle.   

30 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Your husband will automatically be at whatever level you attain (or vice versa-whoever hits a level first).  My husband is now Diamond Plus despite his points level being lower than that (I've done a lot of solo sailing).  The only time it will impact him is if I pass away  or divorce him, he will maintain Diamond Plus status but he will need to accrue his points to get to those point based rewards within the Diamond Plus status or to Pinnacle.   

Thanks!  That’s one of the reasons I’m not worried about it. I’m going to wait a couple cruises though before we visit the C&A desk to make sure his account is linked to mine. Doesn’t look like it really makes a difference until at least emerald or diamond and I’d like it to not be obvious if they pull up my account. 

7 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Make sure your GF's son is attached to her account so he gets the benefit of her "parent points" (if he is under 18). Get that association set up before the cruise - might get him double points of his own.

He is over 18 and will be on his own which is no big deal.  He has been helping to work on the house (technically his anyway but my girlfriend and I are the ones making decisions) so I figured it would be a good thing for him to have a chance to explore and do things.  Lets just say that he had a sibling who basically treated him very poorly and controlled a lot of his life so him getting the chance to do stuff is a really good thing.

3 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Have you sailed already?  If you have sailed already and you have not enrolled in C&A Society before the cruise, then they will not double your points.

If you have not sailed yet, I suggest you at least enroll in C&A.  Maybe the system will take care of your double points.

Enrolling in C&A before cruising will not get you double points.  My Girlfriend had a C&A number then sailed and got single points for the first one and double for the second.  you MUST be gold for the double points to apply so if you are going on a long cruise (5 night plus) and can squeeze in a 2 night before it will be well worth it to get gold status first.

And I have thought about combining accounts with my girlfriend as we will be living together for the foreseeable future and all but honestly don't care about being married.  Not sure if she would use a lot of the amenities or not but I know on my next one I get my pin and should be able to have a robe which will be nice since I will be traveling with my girlfriends son and not her. 

16 minutes ago, MuttMutt said:

Enrolling in C&A before cruising will not get you double points.  My Girlfriend had a C&A number then sailed and got single points for the first one and double for the second.  you MUST be gold for the double points to apply. 

How about we agree that it’s a crap shoot / luck of the draw whether you get double points, but to say you MUST be gold is incorrect.  

0A824771-EBD6-4AB4-A1A4-B309CDC726D4.jpeg

6 hours ago, Jkaczano said:

How about we agree that it’s a crap shoot / luck of the draw whether you get double points, but to say you MUST be gold is incorrect.  

28 points for 7 nights?  That falls under some other stuff like suite?  You go alone or with someone?  Maybe when you spring for a suite the credit points differently as well so you get lucky.  So lets say you must be gold unless you spring for the suites on a first time cruise?

5 minutes ago, MuttMutt said:

28 points for 7 nights?  That falls under some other stuff like suite?  You go alone or with someone?  Maybe when you spring for a suite the credit points differently as well so you get lucky.  So lets say you must be gold unless you spring for the suites on a first time cruise?

We were in a suite 28 = 7 x 2 x2 for me and kids. DH only got 14 even though I thought I set his up.  I was listed as first name on reservation.  

That’s why I say it’s a crap shoot. Definitely doesn’t hurt to try though.