sky class and labadee

Mike6453

Hi, im booked on oasis sailing 2/13. When I originally booked i had two ocean balcony rooms and then for the stop in labadee i booked a cabana. Since then i have upgraded to a grand suite two bedroom. I saw that there is a private beach for sky class on labadee, is this true?  im curious whether i should cancel the cabana assuming it is and this is based them not canceling labadee anyway. any thoughts on this?

Yes, Labadee has a suites only beach.  There are cabanas at the beach but they can only be reserved through the Concierge.  If you really want a cabana no matter what, I would hold onto the reservation in the Cruise Planner. Then when you get the email from the Concierge about a week ahead of the sailing you can ask to reserve a cabana through them.  Once the cabana reservation is confirmed you can cancel your Cruise Planner booked one or if you wait until you are onboard the Concierge can handle that and get it refunded as OBC. If you don't spend all the OBC it would go back to you card that you used for onboard purchases at the end of the cruise.

Agree about holding on the cabana already booked for Labadee. When it comes to ships that are part of the Royal Suite class program the cabanas on Barefoot beach are locked out prior to sailing until the Star class folks get first dibs. Sure putting in a request with concierge would at least get you added to a list once they're released. 

12 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

I highly doubt that Labadee will be an option. Double check your itinerary: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/reservation/lookup 

It was already cancelled for the Jewel sailing in April (when I was booked on that ship before switching) and replaced with a cruising day.

I totally agree, and expect an email any day, but to date its still showing the stop, and I just received the cruise docs today and its still there. So im planning as if its a stop. Prior to this they cancelled DR and added Nassau. It would be simple to swap out labadee with Coco cay, assuming the island could handle the extra ship.

18 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes, Labadee has a suites only beach.  There are cabanas at the beach but they can only be reserved through the Concierge.  If you really want a cabana no matter what, I would hold onto the reservation in the Cruise Planner. Then when you get the email from the Concierge about a week ahead of the sailing you can ask to reserve a cabana through them.  Once the cabana reservation is confirmed you can cancel your Cruise Planner booked one or if you wait until you are onboard the Concierge can handle that and get it refunded as OBC. If you don't spend all the OBC it would go back to you card that you used for onboard purchases at the end of the cruise.

thanks for the good advice. first time im doing a suite so its all new.

2 hours ago, Mike6453 said:

I totally agree, and expect an email any day, but to date its still showing the stop, and I just received the cruise docs today and its still there. So im planning as if its a stop. Prior to this they cancelled DR and added Nassau. It would be simple to swap out labadee with Coco cay, assuming the island could handle the extra ship.

Is it still showing at the link I sent? I'm only asking because that spot was the only place it was updated - the planner still showed us going and offered excursions. Someone in the roll call for that sailing shared that link for the most up-to-date info. I was really looking forward to Labadee - the cancellation was one of the reasons I switched ships.

I tried that link, but it does not work if you booked through a TA. Is there any other way to check? I’m curious about Labadee too as DR was already dropped and Nassau added to our April cruise. 

Random question: we our booked in a GS and I have heard the tub can be challenging to get in and out of especially if you are short. Is this true?

7 minutes ago, Julescar9 said:

Random question: we our booked in a GS and I have heard the tub can be challenging to get in and out of especially if you are short. Is this true?

Yes. The tubs seem to be raised higher than the floor, so you're stepping up a little when you get in, but it's quite a drop to step out.

1 hour ago, Julescar9 said:

I tried that link, but it does not work if you booked through a TA. Is there any other way to check? I’m curious about Labadee too as DR was already dropped and Nassau added to our April cruise. 

We booked through a TA and I was able to get it to work, but I used a Royal TA - did you use a different TA? Maybe ask the TA you used to check on the status of Labadee? I don't really have any other "inside" information, LOL - this is only our third Royal cruise over the past eight years, so I'm clearly no expert. I just saw that link posted by someone else on a roll call and used it. And then switched my cruise to Mexico ports after seeing all of the island port cancellations and switches and added cruising days instead of ports, etc. etc.

6 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Is it still showing at the link I sent? I'm only asking because that spot was the only place it was updated - the planner still showed us going and offered excursions. Someone in the roll call for that sailing shared that link for the most up-to-date info. I was really looking forward to Labadee - the cancellation was one of the reasons I switched ships.

i did check your link and it does still show labadee

4 hours ago, Julescar9 said:

How is deck 17? With so many people “jumping ship” Crown lofts are opening up. I’m thinking of upgrading from a GS but only if it is ocean view.  Would we be better off to stay on deck 8 closer to Central Park? I appreciate any advice as this is our first time cruising on RCL. 

We upgraded to a GS 2 bedroom. While I have cruised before this is our first suite class experience. I have cruised on Oasis class before. I have heard good things about crown loft suites, they are all on the 17th deck. You can do a search on the site as if you are booking from scratch, it would then show you the suites available when you choose, you can then see on the deck plan where it is. You could also search on you tube as in all likelihood there is a cruiser video review. I firmly believe that every ship is a different experience and even different staterooms classes are different. You are already sky class so the price different is probably marginal. If you have already sailed in Grand suites and you like the reviews i would go for it. Dont select the room on the site as that will lock it out if when you call. Also make sure you receive your updated summary/receipt before getting of the phone. (unless you used a TA) Hope that helps. 

on a side note i believe that you would be closer to the suites lounge/deck the concierge lounge and coastal kitchen