Independence just cancelled Jan 21 sailing

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

That mandatory 10/14 day quarantines, thanks to the CDC is really wreaking havoc with crew numbers.

Both charter companies bailed out of their contracts.  Rumors are they faced guest cancellations so they chose to cancel the charters since the charter companies weren't going to make the money they thought they would. 

I'm guessing the 2 day didn't sell well.  

I'm not sure the Indy situation is to blame on crew quarantines.  Maybe they plan to put everyone in guest cabins and isolate the virus off the ship.  But that's a guess on my part.  

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The January 22 cruise was sandwiched between 2 full ship charters that cancelled:

January 14-22: https://www.capitaljazz.com/supercruise/2022/

January 24-29: https://www.klovecruise.com/

Guess they didn't want to run the ship in between the two charters.

I thought I had read that the charters also canceled, and before RC canceled

1 hour ago, Nate Y said:

This is worrying, I sail on Indy Jan 31. 😬

I don't see the worrying aspect.

The charter companies cancelled their charters because they never sold out the ships and were having some booked guests cancel.  So they ran away from their charters not because of level of virus on board, but because they couldn't make any money during a pandemic.  That left Royal with an odd 2 night sailing that was in between the two charters.  

Understand when a company charters the full ship, it's on them to sell it.  Royal just performs the cruise, all the work to book guests is on the charter company.  While Royal is willing to operate at reduced capacity, the charter companies don't want to, so they bailed.  

If anything I think it's a good omen for you.  The ship is going out of service for 10 days.  That's 10 days to keep crew away from each other and most important there will be no guests bringing the virus on board for 10 days.  Come the 24th the ship should be in great shape.  Like pre-Omi shape.  The 31st shouldn't be much different.  Plus if Omi is winding down, 10 days from now will be that much further into Omi downturn.  

10 hours ago, cdixon22 said:

I was on this sailing and still have not received an email saying cancelled. Thank you RC bloggers for letting us know 😀  Will FCC be automatically applied to my account or do I need to do anything?  

You have until the 21st to decide if you want the 125% FCC or a 100% refund. We opted for the FCC and it says we should receive the email with the FCC vouchers by Feb 4th. Hopefully it is that quick, as I canceled one in may of last year, for a 2022 cruise and it took almost 6 months for me to get the vouchers . 

Dear Guest,

As a result of ongoing COVID-related circumstances, Royal Caribbean International is cancelling the 2-night January 22, 2022 sailing onboard Independence of the Seas.

Regretfully, this means your reservation will be cancelled. We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation, and we’re sorry for the impact to your plans. We do hope you will take advantage of the options below and find another sailing to join us on.

Your Options

Option 1: Automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit

We’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to book a new cruise.

• This amount is based on your total cruise fare paid, and we’re giving you a little extra knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
  • Your certificate can be used on any Royal Caribbean International sailing that departs on or before December 31, 2022 (or one year from your original sailing – whichever is further out), as long as it’s redeemed by the expiration date.
  • We will automatically issue your Future Cruise Credit via email no later than February 4, 2022, so there’s nothing for you to do!
  • Taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. Current refund processing is around 30 days. We are working as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience.
  • Please note:
    • If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit, this offer does not apply.
    • If you previously used a Future Cruise Credit (including previous Global Suspension FCCs), you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Credit. This will be for 125% of any new monies paid on this sailing, plus the value of your original credit at 100% of its value, with an expiration date ofDecember 31, 2022 (or one year from the original sail date).
    • If you were already impacted by a sailing that was previously cancelled due to a global suspension and paid additional monies on a new booking within this extended suspension period, and you opt in for a refund via the process below, it will be for both bookings.

Option 2: Select a 100% refund

If you prefer a full refund, which is a lower value than the future cruise credit offer above, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have until January 21, 2022 to request a refund and deactivate your certificate.

• Please contact us to start the refund process, forfeiting the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.
  • To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, click hereand we will get the refund process started for you. Note: Please know, once we receive your refund request, we unfortunately won’t be able to accept an FCC request if you change your mind.
  • We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
  • You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your refund request.
  • Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate. “

14 hours ago, Beth Davis said:

You have until the 21st to decide if you want the 125% FCC or a 100% refund. We opted for the FCC and it says we should receive the email with the FCC vouchers by Feb 4th. Hopefully it is that quick, as I canceled one in may of last year, for a 2022 cruise and it took almost 6 months for me to get the vouchers . 

Dear Guest,

As a result of ongoing COVID-related circumstances, Royal Caribbean International is cancelling the 2-night January 22, 2022 sailing onboard Independence of the Seas.

Regretfully, this means your reservation will be cancelled. We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation, and we’re sorry for the impact to your plans. We do hope you will take advantage of the options below and find another sailing to join us on.

Your Options

Option 1: Automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit

We’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to book a new cruise.

• This amount is based on your total cruise fare paid, and we’re giving you a little extra knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
  • Your certificate can be used on any Royal Caribbean International sailing that departs on or before December 31, 2022 (or one year from your original sailing – whichever is further out), as long as it’s redeemed by the expiration date.
  • We will automatically issue your Future Cruise Credit via email no later than February 4, 2022, so there’s nothing for you to do!
  • Taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. Current refund processing is around 30 days. We are working as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience.
  • Please note:
    • If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit, this offer does not apply.
    • If you previously used a Future Cruise Credit (including previous Global Suspension FCCs), you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Credit. This will be for 125% of any new monies paid on this sailing, plus the value of your original credit at 100% of its value, with an expiration date ofDecember 31, 2022 (or one year from the original sail date).
    • If you were already impacted by a sailing that was previously cancelled due to a global suspension and paid additional monies on a new booking within this extended suspension period, and you opt in for a refund via the process below, it will be for both bookings.

Option 2: Select a 100% refund

If you prefer a full refund, which is a lower value than the future cruise credit offer above, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have until January 21, 2022 to request a refund and deactivate your certificate.

• Please contact us to start the refund process, forfeiting the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.
  • To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, click hereand we will get the refund process started for you. Note: Please know, once we receive your refund request, we unfortunately won’t be able to accept an FCC request if you change your mind.
  • We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
  • You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your refund request.
  • Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate. “

Very helpful. Thank you