Izumi with allergies

Jenny0609

We are considering booking a specialty dining at Izumi during our cruise, but want to make sure it would be worth it. My son (12yrs) has a severe peanut allergy does not eat peanut oil or may contain peanut. If anyone has any experience dining there with a food allergy, we would appreciate any input. I don’t want to spend the money and have him be extremely limited in what’s available. Thanks!! 

The very first thing they will ask you at any of their restaurants is if you have any food allergies and sensitivities.  They should be able to take care of your son.  I haven't seen any menu item at Izumi that contains peanuts.  I don't know about their fried items.   But if they're aware of the peanut allergy, I'm sure they will be very careful with cross contamination.

I can't speak for Izumi, but, I can speak for the main dining room.  If you will be eating in there just go there as soon as you get on board and let them know about any food allergies.  If it's a severe allergy make sure you stress that to them.  On one recent cruise we did this and when we went down for dinner they seated us at the next table next to people who had ordered seafood.  I am severely allergic to shellfish, the smell of it and to tree nuts.  We called our head waiter over and let him know and he immediately moved us to a new table in a section less crowed.  He told us to check in at the desk when we arrive the next night but he would do the seating.  Each night after the first we checked in and then here he would come to bring us to our table.  He also made sure that he was the one who brought my food out to me every night so he would be sure that I got would I ordered and it was right.  They also give you the next nights menu for you to look at and place your order so you don't (for me at least) show up and find out it's seafood night and you have to go eat somewhere else.  This was the main dining room as busy as they get, I imagine the specialty restaurants would be the same way.  I feel very comfortable with their attention to detail.

We just sailed on Adventure in Late December and had UDP.  Daughter has Peanut Allergy.   Izumi on Adventure does not have Hibachi nor Hot Rocks.   Menu also did not have noodle dishes.   She could not have anything that was tempura or had Panko due to cross contamination issues.  She had vegetable fried rice from the menu and two items chef made - a couple pieces of thinly sliced tuna with a dab of sauce and a shrimp based sushi roll that had a Fish and sauce on top of it.  She would have enjoyed it more without the Fish...

Honestly  we had plans to eat here multiple times on that cruise and we never went back because the menu was pretty much off-limits to one of our party.   We ate at Izumi on Vision of the Seas several years ago and had a great experience with noodles, hot rock dishes, etc...