COVID Testing Question

NYCFreed

No. It makes it a lot easier at check-in though to have a printed copy. If you can't, at least have it saved to your phone where you can pull it up without needing internet.  This way if the connection in the terminal is slow or non existant you aren't held up trying to get a website or email to load.

More to the point in the present environment:

Many testing sites are now posting signs indicating that no rapid tests are available and the timing for other test results is a MINIMUM of three days. Right now, it may be impossible to have a test with results within the required window for sailing.

19 minutes ago, Newcruise said:

Did you need a printed copy to give them?

We bring printed copies of test results to keep things simple.  While we do have them on our phone, it seems like our phones go to sleep at the least opportune time....and facial recognition doesn't work with a mask on....and holding our passports, vax cards, etc while trying to manually open our phones up isn't as slick as handing over a piece of paper.

6 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

More to the point in the present environment:

Many testing sites are now posting signs indicating that no rapid tests are available and the timing for other test results is a MINIMUM of three days. Right now, it may be impossible to have a test with results within the required window for sailing.

Agreed.  Last week I tried to find one due to having two close contacts and some symptoms.  There were no tests to be found anywhere.  Best I could do was through my doctor's office for 4 days out.

Since I have the time at work, I chose to go to our remote camp by myself and ice fish for the week.  If I was trying to test for a cruise, I'd of been sol.

56 minutes ago, Newcruise said:

So all they are doing is just looking at the results/testing info/personal info ….nothing actually gets turned in to them —paper or pic?   Just trying to make sure we have our ducks in a row first time ever going on a cruise. 

We have not had to turn in or leave anything with anyone during the check in process.

When I boarded yesterday, they really focused on test type, test results, testing facility name, passenger name and date of birth and testing date. They make sure the name matches what's on your reservation. They don't physically collect or keep your results so you can show the electronic version on your phone.