Best price guarantee

EmilyA

Hi Matt, 

Loving your blogs and podcast. I've  become obsessed since booking our first cruise on oasis of the seas in August 22! I have already changed our ocean view balcony room to 2x ocean view connecting balconies due to your recommendation! I have however met my first problem - I have checked my cruise price this morning and it has gone down in price. I have phoned RC twice today and have been told they will not refund the difference as our sailing is post May 2022. I can accept that however from a Facebook group I've posted in I've had over 40 comments telling me that is wrong and that many people have been successful in their refunds. Any suggestions or am I fighting a losing battle?! Many thanks, Emily 

38 minutes ago, EmilyA said:

Hi Matt, 

Loving your blogs and podcast. I've  become obsessed since booking our first cruise on oasis of the seas in August 22! I have already changed our ocean view balcony room to 2x ocean view connecting balconies due to your recommendation! I have however met my first problem - I have checked my cruise price this morning and it has gone down in price. I have phoned RC twice today and have been told they will not refund the difference as our sailing is post May 2022. I can accept that however from a Facebook group I've posted in I've had over 40 comments telling me that is wrong and that many people have been successful in their refunds. Any suggestions or am I fighting a losing battle?! Many thanks, Emily 

I have already taken advantage of 7 price reductions on our Christmas cruise on Oasis in December 2022....so the information you were given is incorrect.  Keep calling back until you get someone who knows the rules !!  Too late to help you, of course, but this is when a good Travel Agent is soooo valuable.

43 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Have you paid the cruise in full?  If not, you should be entitled to a price reduction lowering your outstanding balance. If you have, at the very least, you should get OBC for the difference.  

No i have just paid the deposit so far! They have made a note on my account that I've already been told the correct information and won't be told any different, also that a travel agent would be in the same position and they also wouldn't be given a refund as per policy 🤷🏼‍♀️

20 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have already taken advantage of 7 price reductions on our Christmas cruise on Oasis in December 2022....so the information you were given is incorrect.  Keep calling back until you get someone who knows the rules !!  Too late to help you, of course, but this is when a good Travel Agent is soooo valuable.

No i have just paid the deposit so far! They have made a note on my account that I've already been told the correct information and won't be told any different, also that a travel agent would be in the same position and they also wouldn't be given a refund as per policy 🤷🏼‍♀️

Calling BS on a note in your account.  If you use Facebook, send a message through Royal’s Facebook page.  Screenshot the lower fare & send it with a request that they make the adjustment.  As WAAAYTOO has said, price reductions are common and I see no reason you wouldn’t be entitled to one.  Do understand it’s not a refund, it’s a reduction of balance due.

The best price guarantee is part of the Cruise with Confidence program.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

This FAQ seems to suggest the best price guarantee applies for sailings that depart on or before Sept. 30, 2022:

Q :  If I move forward with the Best Price Guarantee, and I am issued onboard credit, when will I get it?
A :  The Best Price Guarantee program allows guests to take advantage of better rates up to 48 hours prior to sail date! Guests must be booked on or before March 31, 2022, for sailings that depart on or before September 30, 2022 and they can request the difference of their booked rates versus any rate reduction. The difference in pricing will be added to the booking as an onboard credit, inside final payment, and it’ll be applied within 14 business days, and a new confirmation will be generated with the Onboard Credit value.

Does the UK website have the T&Cs of the CWC program including the best price guarantee?

Best Price Guarantee

No fear of missing out here. Spot a better price on your booked cruise and our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage up to 48 hours before you sail. So you always get the best value. Give us a call and you’ll receive the difference as an onboard credit or rate adjustment — it’s your choice.

I copied this from the UK site so I think OP is entitled to a price adjustment. 
OP, go to the site you booked through and search Cruise with Confidence.  The above should be there.  Copy it & try the Facebook route.  

8 hours ago, Pooch said:

Best Price Guarantee

No fear of missing out here. Spot a better price on your booked cruise and our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage up to 48 hours before you sail. So you always get the best value. Give us a call and you’ll receive the difference as an onboard credit or rate adjustment — it’s your choice.

I copied this from the UK site so I think OP is entitled to a price adjustment. 
OP, go to the site you booked through and search Cruise with Confidence.  The above should be there.  Copy it & try the Facebook route.  

2 hours ago, teddy said:

Screenshot_20220113_140548_com.android.chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, EmilyA said:

We must be treated differently in the UK 😫

This is taken from the UK site so depending when you booked you may be eligible

“Best Price Guarantee” program ensures guests receive benefits equivalent to our best rate and/or promotion available for their cruise up to 48-hours prior to departure. Program applies to bookings created before 31 October 2021 for sailings prior to 30 April 2022. Guests or Travel Partners who find a lower rate published for the same eligible cruise can submit an online request to receive 100% of the price difference applied to their booking as an Onboard Credit for onboard or pre-cruise purchases. Eligible bookings paid in full prior to a claim will receive a refund back to the payment method on file. Eligible bookings made with a Future Cruise Certificate (“FCC”) outside final payment at claim will receive an FCC for the fare difference. FCC bookings within final payment period will receive OBC for the fare difference.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Best Price Guarantee is in the UK terms & conditions so unless there is something else we’re all missing, you are entitled to a price reduction.  I am not on any social media platforms so I can’t give you specifics but you can reach out through Facebook and Twitter.  And, if you haven’t already, screenshot the lower price so you can prove it was there.

16 hours ago, Pooch said:

Ok TA’s can UK residents reprice?

I only know about repricing in US dollars. All of our international clients (Canadian, UK, etc) must pay in USD to work with us. 

That being said, yes, I can get a price reduction for anyone that is affected. I have never heard of what OP is talking about. But if they are paying in non USD that might make a difference.